“Fantastic food!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Limavady, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

On Sunday night a group of us decided to eat in the grill (the restaurant in the Everglades hotel) . I must say it was the best meal I have had in a long time! The quality of their food could be clearly seen by the presentation and the taste. I travelled up from where I live in limavady which is aprox 20miles away and I look forward to my next meal there very soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed with wife and two kids for one night .From the second we arrived the staff have been helpful, friendly and genuinely interested in how we were getting on.Dinner was a lot better than I was expecting for a 4 star hotel and breakfast even better .Staff and food definitely five star

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a meal after shopping in Derry, went to the Library bar and were very quickly served by Finian who took our order and within a few minutes he arrived with mash & gravy for our daughter. We both had the stuffed chicken which was absolutely beautiful. Very reasonable price and very good food, look forward to hopefully going back for a stay as we were very impressed by the look of the hotel

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My family & I had the best Sunday buffet ever at the Everglades hotel Derry,I do not say this lightly,the whole experience starts the minute you walk in the door with a real warm welcome from the receptionist called Sara then the restaurant staff who were superb and so so friendly,the food is the best we've ever had,the display excellent,the choice excellent,the comfort excellent,the staff excellent,quality excellent.A bar man called Finnian was shaking hands with a man and welcoming him back to the restaurant,that's what companies are missing these days,pure genuine friendly staff.The staff make you feel like your family is their friends,other companies should strive to train their staff to the same level as the Everglades.Well well done Everglades we will be back & we will bring others back,top class from a top class hotel by top class staff,management take a bow you have the best staff & food.

• Stayed November 2013
Limavady
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We held a conference in the grand ballroom on the 8th November. The facilities and venue were excellent, all our needs we're catered for from very professional staff. The catering was complemented by all the delegates on the course and the overall atmosphere within the hotel on the day was warm and welcoming. I would certainly highly recommend the Everglades for a conference, as your needs are their priority this all leads to a stress free day.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My 1 night stay at the Everglades was short but very pleasant. Easy check-in, friendly desk staff. Comfortable rooms with teapot for late night "cuppa". Dinner was delicious and bar area was cozy. Nice variety at breakfast. Free wifi, easy check-out.....what more do you need?

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the taking the time to use this site and write a review of our property.
I will be sharing your kind and generous comments with my staff and in particular my front desk team that checked you in so efficiently. I know my F&B team and Chef will be delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service.

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully

Warm regards

Neil Devlin
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have enjoyed stays at this hotel on a number of occasions. When I visit Derry it is my first choice. Everything is perfect and it takes a great deal of hard work by each and every member of staff to achieve this perfection. Every member of staff gives 100% to ensure that my stay is every bit as good as the it was on my last visit. The public areas are particularly comfortable, relaxing and peaceful. It is this peacefullness that stays in my memory and it is what I look forward to when I visit. Excellent bar food and even better in the restaurant. Always a friendly welcome, always a clean comfortable room, always a well fitted bathroom, always a good nights sleep.

Its not too often that I look forward to visiting any one particular hotel, but I am definite looking forward to my next visit to the Everglades in early December. It is my first choice when I visit Derry and it should also be yours..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property here at The Everglades Hotel. Thank you for pointing out our staff service. This is an area we work very hard on, as I believe staff service is free. I will of course be sharing your wonderful review with all my team and I know they will be delighted to read it.
I am even more delighted to read that you will be returning in early December.
Please before booking if you emailed myself. genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com I would personally like to re arrange your return visit.

Warmest regards