“Excellent Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Everglades Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My partner and I stayed for two nights in the Everglades. We went to the Christmas Party night and I have to say the food and the atmosphere were amazing! The General Manager Neil has a fantastic team working for him - the staff were amazing and very attentive. I absolutely LOVED my stay and I can't wait to book my next trip!!

Room Tip: Make sure you try the afternoon tea!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
londonderry, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We booked in and went straight to our room which was the room we had stayed in on our wedding night. The room was warm and cosy and we got ready for dinner. We went to the bar for a drink before dinner and even though we were a little early were told to go through to the dining room when we were ready, that we did not have to wait until the time we had said we would like to dine at, Our waiter was 'Christopher' who was most attentive to our needs and was a very pleasant waiter. The meal was absolutely wonderful and cooked to perfection - thank you to the chef - 'Tomas' - for a wonderful meal. Our night was very enjoyable and we had breakfast the next morning - thank you to' Barbara' for looking after us and the breakfast was lovely. Thank you also to' Theresa' for coffee!
The warmness of the Reception Staff and managers of this hotel make it an extremely pleasant stay for all! The Management and Staff of The Everglades Hotel are a credit to 'The Hastings Group'.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in this stunning hotel. Me and my fiancée had planned to visit and explore the walled city of Derry. But on arrival of the hotel we were greeted by the general manager, this is always good as I like to find out some details of the property. He give us loads of his time and showed us the Grand Ball Room which was set up for a Christmas dinner, the room was outstanding. We are due to get married next year and we would definitely recommend this place. The manager has a good vision forf the future of this hotel.

We stayed in The Jackson Suite which was super in size and style. We had a gorgeous meal in The Grill that evening, nice fresh Salmon which was very pleasing on the pallet. This was a brilliant experience and we didn't even leave the hotel. All we got to see of Derry was the amazing view of the River Foyle from our window.

All around great stay, hotel and staff.

10 out of 10.

Top notch.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Mr Morrison,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. Myself and all my staff here at The Everglades Hotel were delighted to read this fantastic review. Thank you for pointing out our glorious Grand Ballroom.
Our Christmas Party night function for 300ppl went really well.
I am delighted you liked the layout, and maybe give you some ideas for your big day.
We really appreciate you commenting that you would recommend us to anyone. This is the best form of advertising for us.

Again thank you so much for your review and from all the staff and management here we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year with lots of luck for your big day in 2014.

Best wishes

Templepatrick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I stayed recently at the Everglades hotel in Derry/Londonderry - we arrived from a recent stay at a nearby hotel in Co Donegal, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

We booked an exclusive room but were somewhat disappointed by the overall size of the room which contained a super king-sized bed - the bed totally dominated the room leaving little space around it.

The bedrooms seemed to be stuck in a 'time wharp' and could do with a major revamp.

We booked into the restaurant for our evening meal and were disappointed - as we booked an inclusive dinner deal we were offered a secondary menu which lacked imagination and falir, same old, same old . . .

Overall, we were very disappointed with the ambience and standard of the decor of the hotel, it needs some major investment to take it out of the last century into the present . . .

Room Tip: Ask for one a the back of the hotel away from the busy main road . . .
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BlueWilz1
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to explain to us your recent experience at our hotel.
Thank you for pointing out that my reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
I apologise that you did not enjoy the layout of your room or the hotel itself, The bed that you mentioned is a king coil pillow top mattress, that we at Hastings Hotels have invested highly in.
We are very proud to have our Four Star certification from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board , a mystery inspection which just occured last week. We were awarded a very high four star.

Our decor and ambiance is in keeping with all of our successful Hastings Hotels, i.e providing the finest in Irish Hospitality with style and excellence.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and if we had of known about your discomfort during your stay, my team would have tried to accommodate you in any way they could.

Warm regards

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Recently went to experience the wonderful all u can eat Sunday lunch buffet at the Everglades hotel. OMG! Never have my eyes seen a more delicious and bountiful spread in all my days of eating out! My eyes couldn't take it all in. Absolutely amazing and thanks to NIall the duty manager for a unique insight as to how the whole thing works! Niall wonderfully attentive to my elderly parents who were with me. I wld recommend it to all and sitting by the fire with a full belly can't be beat. A wonderful hotel with the most amazingly helpful staff. I'm going back for more and so should u the first chance u get!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda C
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such a fantastic review of our Everglades Hotel. It means alot to read your wonderful comments and I am delighted to share this review with my entire team.
Not alot of people take the time as you have and for that we are very thankful.

Warmest regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The fantastic staff at The Everglades ensured our stay there was comfortable and enjoyable. A special mention to Finian in the Library Bar and the two outstanding lady receptionists. That said the restaurant staff were excellent too.
My room was comfortable and clean and the food was very good too. There is only one place to stay in Derry in my book - even if the hotel is just outside the city centre.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

From myself and my entire team , thank you so much for your fabulous review about The Everglades Hotel. Thank you personally for pointing out my staff, it means alot that you recognised this. I will of course be sharin this my team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact myself when you do decide to return.

Warm regards

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My sister and I stayed a Saturday night recently and we really enjoyed the hotel. The recepeption staff were really friendly & helpful, the rooms were a nice size, great comfy beds & had an iPod docking station. We didn't have dinner but the breakfast was fab, lovely fresh food with lots to choose from. The hotel was really relaxing and cosy. would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and management here at The Everglades Hotel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel.
We appreciate your kind words and I will be sharing these comments with my entire team.
I am delighted they have exceeded your expectations.

Warmest regards