“Midweek break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Dublin, Ireland
“Midweek break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came by train and it was a pleasant 20 minute walk from the station. The hotel is on the other bank of the Foyle river from the walled city of Derry/Londonderry. We took a taxi back one evening and it cost £3.75. One morning we took the local bus into the city, which passes the side gate of Everglades, going every hour in the morning, but infrequently later in the day.
We stayed for two nights which included a dinner and a walking tour of the city, a special deal.
The breakfast buffet was very good, with fruit salad and compote, cereals, a variety of breads, cheeses, etc., several juices including Armagh apple, and there were ban-maries of hots including black and white pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage. Beverages were brought to the table.
Staff throughout were very friendly. It was quite quiet when we stayed. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good, a more detailed menu was available, but as we had it included we had their set menu of three courses, with several choices. We had a drink in the bar beforehand and there was just one other person there, but only one kind of sherry, a sweet one!
Beds were very comfortable and our room had a double and a single bed. The place was very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margo37
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear guest

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for being so detailed into the areas that you enjoyed.
Myself and my team work hard to make things great for our guests, from me and my team I would like to thank you for pointing alot of these out.

We hope to host you again upon your return.

warmest regards

Neil Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a weekend away into a superior double room. Was absolutely beautiful and the staff where so friendly and the room was so clean. Only downfall was when I had rang to confirm the booking they had said that the difference between a double and a superior room was that I would get fruit and slippers and a gown in the room. Was looking forward to the fruit but wasn't there. Not a major thing but it's just the fact that they said it was going to be there when it wasn't. Next time I would be staying I would just get a standard double room as I don't know if it was worth the extra money.
Overall really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely be back. Beautiful place and the people are so lovely from Londonderry.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren E
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed in the Everglades last weekend 28 February. From the minute I arrived the staff were so warm and friendly and couldn't have done more to make me feel welcome. The room was lovely with the now famous Hastings Hotel bed, one of the best you'll ever have the pleasure of sleeping in!

I was there for a dinner and the staff at the function continued the friendly and professional service with gorgeous food all the way through.

Breakfast the next morning was a sumptuous affair with a well-stocked hot and cold buffet of great quality local produce. I love a decent selection of local breads and this certainly didn't disappoint.
Sadly I was only there for one night but I'll definitely be back for a longer stay soon to really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and great staff.

Great value too!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SiobhanMcGui
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Last year we went to a hastings hotel for a special occasion and upgraded to a suite (andrew jackson) and we were very impressed. We were celebrating another occasion last week and decided to try out another Hastings hotel, this time opting for the Everglades. After much deliberation we upgraded to a suite- and we were so glad we did- the suite we stayed in was huge!, absolutely spotless and just absolute and total luxury.
We had a beautiful array of traybakes on arrival and excellent technicl systems, iphone docking station, charger, widescreen TV with every channel you could think of!.
We both suffer with bad backs and often have difficulty sleeping- not this trip!!, the bed was massive and I never woke the whole night.
We had 4 course meal in the a la carte resturant which was really nice though the menu in the bar area looked good also. Make sure you get an irish coffee after your meal, they were made to perfection. Unfortunately we never got to experience the other resturant as it is being renovated though it sounds like its going to be great.
Hotel is 5 minutes from the city and there is an aquarium a stones throw away, as are nice walks.
Staff were amazing, we really felt like we got the personal touch and my absolute favouirte was the breakfast, it really frlt like we were experiencing the whole of the north with the Crossgar eggs, the fresh armagh apple juice, etc etc.
I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and our experience there,and the upgrade to the suite was well worth the money- the only disadvantage was the face that we had only stayed one night!!, we will 100 percent be back!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I took my elderly mother out for lunch in The Everglades Hotel, we had a lovely experience and the staff were not only very friendly, but also very accommodating especially for my mother and her poor mobility. The food was spectacular with a beautiful variety of salads and desserts. I would recommend the lunch to anyone and everyone! first class.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Comber, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

8 of us booked a weekend break in the Everglades hotel, end Feb 2014
Great hospitality, fantastic rooms, quality food and friendly staff and a well stocked whiskey shelf.
Great breakfast, including bushmills on your porridge

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear guest

Thank you so much from all the staff and Management here at the Everglades Hotel.
We are delighted you and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay.

We hope you choose us again when you decide to return to the city.

Warm regards

derry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife & I were invited to a recent event at the everglades hotel and we decided to stay over. From reception to room we were treated at a 5 star rate! The room was of very high standard with all the extras. The event went off fantastic & a very successful, the food was second to none, well done chef! The service staff excellent! Great night's sleep,full breakfast with a wide range of choices, perfect end to a wonderful stay! thanks everglades, we'll be back! Garvin & Marie

Room Tip: Have no doubt all rooms are accepable