“Perfect”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Attended the kickboxing event my brother was fighting in and when we arrived to the hotel we knew we were in for a lovely experience. Hotel staff were amazing and very friendly. The decor of the hotel is stunning and very classy. The beds are huge and the shower was one of the best I've ever had! Great evening had by the whole family and we will definitely be returning in the future

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Danimccaff
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. Thank you for pointing out our decor. We have done alot of work to refurbish the interior of the hotel.
And thank you for pointing out my great staff.

Neil Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Attended a function in the hotel. Arrived and parked close to doors.. reception is grand and welcoming... staff v friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious and the beds... well this was the highlight for us all.. The best nights sleep ever.. beds so comfy. Breakfast was top class.. buffet style. we were late in.. felt the hot food could have been a little hotter though. . but it was still lovely with such a variety of food. The rooms were very keenly priced. I would highly recommend this hotel. high lighted the great beds to the reception staff and they were delighted with good feedback and offered a reduced rate for a return visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank golemma79

Dear guest.

It means alot when people take the time to write lovely things. From all the staff here at The Everglades Hotel. We would like to say thank you so much for your review. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful beds. We at Hastings Hotels have invested heavily in our new "Cloud Nine " pillow top mattresses. We are delighted you enjoyed.

We hope you will join us again when you decide to return to the city.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was my first stay in the Everglades and I left it...reluctantly. I have not been back in this part of the world for many many years, but it was to this part of the world we returned recently to attend a schoolfriend's 50th birthday. First of all, Sarah Quigley is just an outstanding ambassador for the hotel; service both in our room and throughout our stay was superb, happy smiling faces ...all the time. The room was lovely. The large soft comfortable beds, the most divine mattress and my real hobby horse - a gleaming bathroom. Honestly, when the light was switched on for the bathrom, it positively sparkled.

Party over and back from Bready we tumbled and I hit the shower and I did not want to come out of that either. But for the fact that the bath would have probably lifted all of my fake tan off I would have jumped into that too!! You see this is what happens when a bathroom really is sparkling, sparkling clean travellers want to use everything!

Breakfast the next morning was a fantastic experience. A lovely touch was an informative booklet complete with colour pictures of the families and farms which supply the hotel and this is one traveller, who, where food is concerned, really does like knowing where her food comes from. Tip: if you want to find a hotel with really good sausages go to the Everglades. Hot porridge, with cream, sugar and Bushmills whiskey?? HEAVEN!!! Toast with homemade marmalade and/or strawberry jam delicious. This, by the way, is not hyperbole - the homemade strawberr jam really is DIVINE. Anything I asked for was met with a cheery smile in the breakfast room. It was no problem, happy to help all the way. And so, I reluctantly checked out, managing to buy a glitzy all white watch for summer en route [visitors check out display cabinets to your left as you pass through the lobby - you will find the unusual and unique in there]. Now was our chance to explore the area before .... heading back to the Everglades for ... afternoon tea! This had been a treat I had set up for hubby and had invited the birthday girl along. En route back to the hotel I received a text and the party of 3 had now grown to a party of 5. Back into the hotel. Even though this was a Saturday, the rugby was on in the bar, the staff happily reset an area for five, pulling heavy Queen Anne type fireside chairs together beside comfy settees so that we could enjoy our afternoon tea experience. And oh boy we didn't half. Afternoon tea at the Everglades defies description. Suffice to say it is "an experience" and a slimmer's nightmare!! Go try it for yourself - the individual traybakes, the warm scones with that delicious home made strawberry jam making an appearance again. Blissful desserts in champagne flutes and a ittle lovely secret: homebaked, banana bread. During our happy little gathering, we became aware of happy smiling receptionist Sarah coming towards us holding a very familiar item...hubby's jacket! He had hung it behind the door in the bathroom (as men do) the night efore after the party and as he chose to wear another the next morning, never missed it. We appreciated very much the housekeeper's prompt action and Sarah's ability to thinkk on her feet as I had mentioned to her in passing when I checked out that there was a very strong possibilty we would be coming back for afternoon tea!

My wedding anniversary is the 10th July...guess where I'm heading!

Room Tip: Room 302 and if they are all like that then they are certainly not tired!
2  Thank Elaine C

Dear guest.

Wow , what a fabulous review to read. Thank you so much for taking time out to write such a detailed review of our Everglades Hotel. And thank you for spending such an important event here.
I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel especially our breakfast, Something we believe in very strongly at Hastings Hotels.
We really appreciate your kind words and especially Sarah will be thrilled you have spoken so highly of her.
We hope you wont look past us when you decide to return and please let us know before you re-book.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is located approx 5 minutes by car from the city centre and has ample parking, or is 20-30 minute walk. We received an excellent welcome at check in and our room was made available early for us.

The room was satisfactory, a little tired perhaps, but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Our room was at the front of the hotel and despite double glazing there was some road noise, so if you are a light sleeper suggest requesting a room at the back of the hotel.

Bar stopped serving food at 6:30 so we didn't try this, although the piano playing while we had a drink was very pleasant.

Breakfast was very good, and I particularly liked the menu showing where the food had been sourced. Good buffet selection of hot and cold items.

Overall a pleasant stay. We had amended our booking a couple of times due to illness and I was very impressed by the helpfulness of the reservations staff. In fact, all the staff we encountered at the hotel were genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saraBelfast
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed your check in experience and also our locally sourced breakfast items.
My staff will be pleased to know that they have accommodated you well.

warm regards

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

From the second we entered this hotel we felt like part of the place,the staff are so so friendly,every single member of staff are so nice,Sara,keleigh. & Shiela at reception(,hope that's the rite name spellings),Neil the GM,Niall & Ruairi & Ted on security were all so informative,friendly,relaxing to talk to but above all they were happy at their work & it shows,a bar man called Finian was also so friendly & courteous,the beds are the best ever,staff the best ever,food the best ever,all in all top quality.If Carlsberg done hotels this would be one of them.A singer in the lobby called I think Terrance ? Was absolutely bliss,Terrance Morison it might have been added to the evening relaxation,Everglades you are a leader,I take my hat of to you,then the Sunday buffet,well all I can say is go try it but do so with an empty stomach,wow wow wow.cant wait to come back in June.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Derry40

Dear guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. From everyone here at The Everglades Hotel, we would like to thank you.
In particular I know myself and the rest of my staff whom you mentioned. We really appreciate your gracious comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived around 8. We needed to eat dinner. The service was the worst ever. Was not sorry to only be spending one night there!! Service in the dining area was horrible. Wifi only in the lobby area. It was down part of the time.

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
May I apologise that you were not satisfied with your entire stay.
It is only through such feedback that we can address areas of concern.
And for that I thank you for bringing these to my attention.
I will be closely monitoring these areas in the coming weeks and months.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came by train and it was a pleasant 20 minute walk from the station. The hotel is on the other bank of the Foyle river from the walled city of Derry/Londonderry. We took a taxi back one evening and it cost £3.75. One morning we took the local bus into the city, which passes the side gate of Everglades, going every hour in the morning, but infrequently later in the day.
We stayed for two nights which included a dinner and a walking tour of the city, a special deal.
The breakfast buffet was very good, with fruit salad and compote, cereals, a variety of breads, cheeses, etc., several juices including Armagh apple, and there were ban-maries of hots including black and white pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage. Beverages were brought to the table.
Staff throughout were very friendly. It was quite quiet when we stayed. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good, a more detailed menu was available, but as we had it included we had their set menu of three courses, with several choices. We had a drink in the bar beforehand and there was just one other person there, but only one kind of sherry, a sweet one!
Beds were very comfortable and our room had a double and a single bed. The place was very clean.

1  Thank Margo37

Dear guest

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for being so detailed into the areas that you enjoyed.
Myself and my team work hard to make things great for our guests, from me and my team I would like to thank you for pointing alot of these out.

We hope to host you again upon your return.

warmest regards