“Absolutely Perfect In Every Way!!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have never left a review on this site before however after my stay in this hotel I found it necessary to say something. From start to finish our stay was top class. We where greeted at reception by the general manager who was very welcoming. A real credit to the hotel. He was very knowledgable in the local area and and the hotel and was able to offer some really good recommendations from tours to the food that was on offer. When we arrived at our room (which was spotless) we realised we had been uprgraded to a suite. Such luxury!! The staff could not have been nicer and the food was amazing. If you are wanting to go to Derry definately do it is an amazing city, but make sure you stay at the Everglades. It will be the cherry on top of the cake to complete your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Collette2303

Reviewed 7 April 2014

after hearing such good reports about 'everglades' we thought we would have to go. as soon as we arrived we knew it was excellent choice. all the hotel staff were polite,, helpful, friendly and informative and the service could not be faulted . the room was huge and spotless and the beds were amazing. great shower with the best fluffy towels. there was a great varied choice on menu and the food when it came was delicious and the empty plates testament to how well we liked it. after eating it was so relaxing to sit in such a lovely comfortable bar with a roaring fire. breakfast next morning didnt dissappoint either as it was top class with something to suit all tastes. all in all the best hotel in derry we've been to. def wont be long until we are back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ann m
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I felt it necessary to write this review after my experience in the Everglades Hotel last weekend. We stayed for one night and it was great. Check in was prompt and very informative,(arrived around 3pm) rooms were clean, well presented and the beds were so comfy! (11 am came far too quickly). We had a few drinks in the bar and the live music made for a great atmosphere and we had a nice welcome and chat with Niall the hotels Food and beverage manager. He took our reservation for dinner and recommended some of the dishes on the menu- We arrived for dinner around 7.30pm and got a lovely seat by the window. Following Nialls recommendation I had a sirloin steak and my wife had the daube of beef. Both fantastic and delighted with our choices. Staff throughout the evening were very informative and attentive. We retired to the lounge for more evening entertainment which again led to a lovely lounge atmosphere with great service from staff. All in all a fantastic night away made by great atmosphere, great food and above all else great staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter E
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear guest

From all the staff here at The Everglades Hotel , we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our property.
I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and in particular our service. Something we work at very hard here. I know Niall himself will be delighted to read such a glowing review.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Attended the kickboxing event my brother was fighting in and when we arrived to the hotel we knew we were in for a lovely experience. Hotel staff were amazing and very friendly. The decor of the hotel is stunning and very classy. The beds are huge and the shower was one of the best I've ever had! Great evening had by the whole family and we will definitely be returning in the future

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Danimccaff

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. Thank you for pointing out our decor. We have done alot of work to refurbish the interior of the hotel.
And thank you for pointing out my great staff.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Attended a function in the hotel. Arrived and parked close to doors.. reception is grand and welcoming... staff v friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious and the beds... well this was the highlight for us all.. The best nights sleep ever.. beds so comfy. Breakfast was top class.. buffet style. we were late in.. felt the hot food could have been a little hotter though. . but it was still lovely with such a variety of food. The rooms were very keenly priced. I would highly recommend this hotel. high lighted the great beds to the reception staff and they were delighted with good feedback and offered a reduced rate for a return visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank golemma79

Dear guest.

It means alot when people take the time to write lovely things. From all the staff here at The Everglades Hotel. We would like to say thank you so much for your review. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful beds. We at Hastings Hotels have invested heavily in our new "Cloud Nine " pillow top mattresses. We are delighted you enjoyed.

We hope you will join us again when you decide to return to the city.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was my first stay in the Everglades and I left it...reluctantly. I have not been back in this part of the world for many many years, but it was to this part of the world we returned recently to attend a schoolfriend's 50th birthday. First of all, Sarah Quigley is just an outstanding ambassador for the hotel; service both in our room and throughout our stay was superb, happy smiling faces ...all the time. The room was lovely. The large soft comfortable beds, the most divine mattress and my real hobby horse - a gleaming bathroom. Honestly, when the light was switched on for the bathrom, it positively sparkled.

Party over and back from Bready we tumbled and I hit the shower and I did not want to come out of that either. But for the fact that the bath would have probably lifted all of my fake tan off I would have jumped into that too!! You see this is what happens when a bathroom really is sparkling, sparkling clean travellers want to use everything!

Breakfast the next morning was a fantastic experience. A lovely touch was an informative booklet complete with colour pictures of the families and farms which supply the hotel and this is one traveller, who, where food is concerned, really does like knowing where her food comes from. Tip: if you want to find a hotel with really good sausages go to the Everglades. Hot porridge, with cream, sugar and Bushmills whiskey?? HEAVEN!!! Toast with homemade marmalade and/or strawberry jam delicious. This, by the way, is not hyperbole - the homemade strawberr jam really is DIVINE. Anything I asked for was met with a cheery smile in the breakfast room. It was no problem, happy to help all the way. And so, I reluctantly checked out, managing to buy a glitzy all white watch for summer en route [visitors check out display cabinets to your left as you pass through the lobby - you will find the unusual and unique in there]. Now was our chance to explore the area before .... heading back to the Everglades for ... afternoon tea! This had been a treat I had set up for hubby and had invited the birthday girl along. En route back to the hotel I received a text and the party of 3 had now grown to a party of 5. Back into the hotel. Even though this was a Saturday, the rugby was on in the bar, the staff happily reset an area for five, pulling heavy Queen Anne type fireside chairs together beside comfy settees so that we could enjoy our afternoon tea experience. And oh boy we didn't half. Afternoon tea at the Everglades defies description. Suffice to say it is "an experience" and a slimmer's nightmare!! Go try it for yourself - the individual traybakes, the warm scones with that delicious home made strawberry jam making an appearance again. Blissful desserts in champagne flutes and a ittle lovely secret: homebaked, banana bread. During our happy little gathering, we became aware of happy smiling receptionist Sarah coming towards us holding a very familiar item...hubby's jacket! He had hung it behind the door in the bathroom (as men do) the night efore after the party and as he chose to wear another the next morning, never missed it. We appreciated very much the housekeeper's prompt action and Sarah's ability to thinkk on her feet as I had mentioned to her in passing when I checked out that there was a very strong possibilty we would be coming back for afternoon tea!

My wedding anniversary is the 10th July...guess where I'm heading!

Room Tip: Room 302 and if they are all like that then they are certainly not tired!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaine C

Dear guest.

Wow , what a fabulous review to read. Thank you so much for taking time out to write such a detailed review of our Everglades Hotel. And thank you for spending such an important event here.
I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel especially our breakfast, Something we believe in very strongly at Hastings Hotels.
We really appreciate your kind words and especially Sarah will be thrilled you have spoken so highly of her.
We hope you wont look past us when you decide to return and please let us know before you re-book.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is located approx 5 minutes by car from the city centre and has ample parking, or is 20-30 minute walk. We received an excellent welcome at check in and our room was made available early for us.

The room was satisfactory, a little tired perhaps, but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Our room was at the front of the hotel and despite double glazing there was some road noise, so if you are a light sleeper suggest requesting a room at the back of the hotel.

Bar stopped serving food at 6:30 so we didn't try this, although the piano playing while we had a drink was very pleasant.

Breakfast was very good, and I particularly liked the menu showing where the food had been sourced. Good buffet selection of hot and cold items.

Overall a pleasant stay. We had amended our booking a couple of times due to illness and I was very impressed by the helpfulness of the reservations staff. In fact, all the staff we encountered at the hotel were genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saraBelfast
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed your check in experience and also our locally sourced breakfast items.
My staff will be pleased to know that they have accommodated you well.

warm regards