“Top Class”

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
“Top Class”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staff were very friendly and food was superb. I had the pleasure of experiencing what the Everglades Hotel had to offer during the Jazz Festival. I will be back again next year. The entertainment was exceptional. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JMcK1083

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel 6 May. The name of the hotel is a bit confusing.
The Everglades in Florida are far removed from the Irish countryside of the outskirts of Londonderry. I think that the names of the conference rooms etc is more down to an appreciation of the american visitors to this hotel.

We got there a bit early before the 3pm booking in time and so had to leave our bags at the reception and have a drink at the bar for half an hour. There turned out to be a problem with our booking as the Hastings Hotel internet system had overidden the booking I made with Expedia. It showed that we had booked in for two nights instead of one. The receptionist, named Keylagh Dawn (I think) was so helpful and sorted it out quickly and efficiently. She was so apologetic, stating truthfully that it had been a problem with their system and gave us a free breakfast in compensation. She is a terrific asset to this hotel and deserves much praise for sorting this out.

The hotel, whilst having an impressive exterior, was a little gloomy inside, owing to the lack of natural light, but it did have nice open fires and plenty of seating available. The bedrooms were very clean and both dinner and breakfast were very good indeed. The beds were superb. Waiting staff in the hotel deserve special mention as they were friendly and professional. The price of dinner in the Grill Room was fairly expensive for what it was, but still acceptable.

All in all a good hotel to stay in when visiting Londonderry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the "old road" into and out of Londonderry as the A5 main road t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie F
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Everglades hotel for 5 nights on business. Without a doubt it is 5* quality and service all round. I arrived and checked in on the Monday afternoon and initial greeting from the receptionist was both warm and welcoming. I arrived before my scheduled check-in time but it was not a problem getting a room almost immediately.

When I got to the room, it was clean, stocked with fresh towels, music playing and a nice gesture of shortbread and tray bakes awaited me. It is all of the finer details that really make the stay more worthwhile. The housekeeping staff maintained my room thoroughly and stocking up the coffee and tea supply within my room regularly which was a bonus as I spent a lot of time working from the desk within my room.

Notably the food was outstanding and the level of service was 5*! I dined in the library bar usually at lunch times and then dined in the Grill in the evenings. The food was absolutely delicious and especially notable was their use of locally sourced produce. Over the course of my stay there were a few staff who especially looked after me and must be commended on their level of customer service namely, Ruairi, Niall and Finnian. They are a credit to themselves and the Hastings group.

Couldn’t recommend this hotel enough! I will be returning without hesitation!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flyp4st
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Everglades for one night wish it could have been for longer! We were kindly upgraded to one of the suites and it was perfect. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was delicious. The staff were really friendly in the restaurant. The breakfast was great as well. We enjoyed everything about this hotel and on our next visit to Derry this is where we will be staying

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went here last Saturday for afternoon tea with the girls. Great value. Top Class Service. Ruairi (spelling) was soo attentive and the great welcome with the red carpet made the day special. As for the food. Enough t

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you kindly for taking the time out to write such a glowing review of our hotel.
Thank you for pointing out Ruairi also. He will be delighted to read this and I know my chef Colman and his team will be delighted you enjoyed their afternoon tea.

warmest regards

Neil Devlin
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Superb stay. Great staff. Great food. Stayed few months ago and will be back. A lot of help from staff throughout stay. We done the city wall tour with MartinMcCrossan. First class. We will most definitely be back to the city.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your time here at The Everglades Hotel.
We hope to see you back soon someday.

Regards

Neil Devlin
united kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my husband as a wedding gift from family. Perfect. .. can't say any more ... All staff were friendly and helpful. .. but particularly Mairead in The Grill restaurant. .. she was fantastic ... helpful, professional and great banter ...her and the amazing food are the reason we will be back and why we will be recommending to our friends and family.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple