“Best hotel in Derry / Londonderry by far”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I now stay in Derry / Londonderry on a reasonably regular basis on business and until recently, and for handiness, I stayed in Hotels in the city centre but am so sorry that I did. Having recently stayed at the Everglades from now on, assuming they have rooms available, I really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

The customer service was excellent - from the warm and friendly greeting at reception on arrival, the efficiency of the the check in process, the quality of the interior and in particular high standards of furnishings throughout, I found everything really impressive.

But it is the focus on the customer that really set the Everglades apart from other hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is a credit to the Hastings Family who operate some of the best hotels in Northern Ireland and seem to capture the right level of local friendliness and hospitality. The quality of the food both for my evening meal and breakfast the next morning was excellent, with the hotel clearly making the most of the best of Northern Irish produce, well cooked and reasonably priced.

The focus on the customer was excellent and very much in keeping with the high standards set at other hotels owned by the Hastings family. On the second day of my stay, I had booked a number of meeting rooms and throughout the range of meetings myself and colleagues could not have been looked after any better. Every single member of staff we encountered was warm and friendly, highly professional, with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude. I could not recommend The Everglades highly enough, whether on business or pleasure, or a base to travel from in the Derry / Londonderry area. It really is a lovely place to stay!.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank CiaranSh

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyed two nights. The rooms are a good size with good lighting and mirrors for applying make-up. The hotel does sit on the road and our room faced the road but no problem with noise. The bed is probably the best we had on our trip! We ate pub food our first night and it was excellent with large portions. Breakfast was also very good and included in our price. Our second night we ate in the dining room and enjoyed this meal also. We asked to take our dessert to the lounge to enjoy and it was no trouble for the wait staff. As others have stated, the staff make the place...they are so helpful and friendly....but never rush you. My only wish is that you could walk to town but that would be too far. We had a car and town is only a short drive. Loved this place!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mommaw1966
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we arrived to be greeted by a very friendly and informative receptionist. the bedroom was very comfortable with a large king size bed and the most comfortable mattress we have ever used. breakfast was excellent self service and all hot items were extremely hot and tasty. the staff on duty were friendly and, in fact all staff throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly.
we had dinner in the Grill on our second night and again the food and service were excellent. a quite young staff team on duty were efficient and had time to chat with us and others in the restaurant.
we will definitely return to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Antrimsean
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here with my kids for one night over Easter holidays. I booked in on Expedia last minute and for $99, I think it was a great value. The location was more suburban but we had a car so that was not a problem--city centre was only a 5 minute drive. Room was spotless and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarablakely
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I don't normally do this sort of thing but after the wonderful experience we had in Derry at the Everglades I feel obliged to give the hotel and staff some positive feedback. The sorroundings and comfort of the hotel are only half the story, its the staff which make the place stand out from the crowd. We had an amazing stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liam S
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had my dinner here a few weeks ago and I am mega picky about my beef. Whilst all the food (and wine) was delicious the beef was superb, nicest I've had! Staff were very friendly and courteous also which helps for a pleasant dining experience! Will Definitely be back to dine in the restaurant again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulzMcLaughlin
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a stay at the Everglades hotel and from the minute i walked into reception til the very moment i left i was made very welcome by every member of staff! they really could not have done anymore for me! after my meal my wife and i were having a drink in the bar and the manager personally intoduced himself and asked about our stay! its wee touches like that, that made our stay 1st class! would def stay again and look forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2014