“Excellent Staff and service. Noisy rooms.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Liverpool
“Excellent Staff and service. Noisy rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in June whilst working in the area. Firstly I would like to say staff are extremely helpful and offer great service. Food is good, breakfast and dinner. I stayed in a room on the roadside which I have to say was a lovely room but extremely noisy due to traffic. It did have secondary glazing but It felt like this was going to fall to bits every time I went to close it. Air conditioning would have been beneficial as due to the noise the windows had to be shut. The hotel was undergoing major refurbishment during my visit following the cowardly attack and when it is complete will look fantastic. Leisure facilities would be a major benefit to this hotel and is all it is really lacking. Car parking was excellent as was everything else. Overall a really pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank PIW1965
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
Thank you for your support and kind words.
I appreciate you stayed during a time when we have not been at our best due to an incident that was out of our control.
For that I thank you.
I understand this may not happen soon, but should you decide to return to the North West I would be delighted to arrange your booking for you personally . Just email me on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Best Wishes

Neil Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a weeklong tour through Ireland. This was our least favorite hotel of the week. The rooms are very dated and in serious need of repair. The bed was hard and worn. The food was terrible. The hotel was recently damaged and I have no idea why the tour company did not book us into another hotel. One guest with us found dirty sheets on their bed. If you must stay here, get a room in the back. Otherwise, the highway noise will prevent you from getting any sleep.

Room Tip: In the back away from the highway noise.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank OrlandoGator
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked a girls night away at this hotel and were worried what it was going to be like after the terrible attack...when we arrived the staff were so friendly and welcoming. We were checked in immediately and shown to our rooms. The rooms were lovely & spacious.

We had afternoon tea - food was delicious...freshly baked scones, a variety of finger sandwiches and lots of lovely traybakes. The staff were top class...service was brilliant, they even went out of their way to make cocktails that were not on their list!

I would highly recommend the Everglades to anyone...worth a visit if you are staying in Derry!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank roro_ca
Dear guest

WOW , thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of The Everglades Hotel,
I am delighted you and your party enjoyed all of your stay.

Best Wishes

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had our wedding here and I cannot praise the staff enough, despite the recent trauma, the hotel ensured that we had a fairytale setting for our special day. All of our guests had an amazing day and the feedback has been brilliant! The setting, the food, the atmosphere and the attention to detail from the staff made our day one we will never forget. Thank you :)

2 Thank sleepyjean30mcc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Although we were visiting during some construction the hotel has managed to mask this and make it very accommodating. The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly, nothing was too much. The food was outstanding and they even catered to our off the menu requests! The room is to a high standard and the bed is huge, you'll never have a bad nights sleep!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Kelly-anne D
Dear guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel.

Best wishes

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Attended a private wedding function yesterday at the hotel. Despite the trauma that the hotel and staff has recently went through
Everything was perfect. Food and service was second to none, from the tea & coffee reception not forgetting those tasty tray bakes to the 4 course meal it was beautiful, the atmosphere was very welcoming a great team. Would recommend and will definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jobootsx
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

So, our family booked this hotel kind of on a whim in June because we wanted to take a day trip to Derry. When we arrived at the hotel, we thought we had gone to the wrong hotel. Let me explain: the hotel was under SIGNIFICANT renovations that made it almost look like it was unoccupied and shut down. Now, when we eventually went inside, the staff could not be nicer and more helpful. But, our rooms, the facilities, the dining hall for breakfast, and pretty much everywhere in the hotel except for the bar were under renovation. The hallways smelled of paint, also. Finally, the hotel is situated right on the main highway, and because the rooms are so hot, you have to leave the windows open. So, be prepared for a LOT of noise all through the night. I was not impressed with the hotel, and it would be in their best interest to put on their website and other affiliated booking sites that this hotel is under significant renovations that will directly impact the stay of their customers.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel until renovations are completed.
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here.
Apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay.
I do thank you for pointing out how nice my staff were and I am sure had you raised your concerns with them they would have tried to accommodate you the best they could.

I apologise you did not get to experience our hotel at its finest, due to the recent incident at the hotel that was out of our control, we have had to act quickly to refurbish the building and I apologise that this was during your stay.

If you should decide to return to the North West I would be delighted to arrange your booking for you personally . Just email me on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Best wishes