“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here on a CIE tour. Unfortunately the hotel was the victim of a recent firebombing and is under renovation in the lobby area. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Our room was on the side away from the highway and was quiet, comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our visit and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Others have commented on the noisy highway side which would best be avoided.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
Thank you for your support and kind words.
I appreciate you stayed during a time when we have not been at our best due to an incident that was out of our control.
For that I thank you.
I understand this may not happen soon, but should you decide to return to the North West I would be delighted to arrange your booking for you personally . Just email me on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Warm wishes

Neil Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in June whilst working in the area. Firstly I would like to say staff are extremely helpful and offer great service. Food is good, breakfast and dinner. I stayed in a room on the roadside which I have to say was a lovely room but extremely noisy due to traffic. It did have secondary glazing but It felt like this was going to fall to bits every time I went to close it. Air conditioning would have been beneficial as due to the noise the windows had to be shut. The hotel was undergoing major refurbishment during my visit following the cowardly attack and when it is complete will look fantastic. Leisure facilities would be a major benefit to this hotel and is all it is really lacking. Car parking was excellent as was everything else. Overall a really pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank PIW1965
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
Thank you for your support and kind words.

Best Wishes

Orlando
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a weeklong tour through Ireland. This was our least favorite hotel of the week. The rooms are very dated and in serious need of repair. The bed was hard and worn. The food was terrible. The hotel was recently damaged and I have no idea why the tour company did not book us into another hotel. One guest with us found dirty sheets on their bed. If you must stay here, get a room in the back. Otherwise, the highway noise will prevent you from getting any sleep.

Room Tip: In the back away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank OrlandoGator
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked a girls night away at this hotel and were worried what it was going to be like after the terrible attack...when we arrived the staff were so friendly and welcoming. We were checked in immediately and shown to our rooms. The rooms were lovely & spacious.

We had afternoon tea - food was delicious...freshly baked scones, a variety of finger sandwiches and lots of lovely traybakes. The staff were top class...service was brilliant, they even went out of their way to make cocktails that were not on their list!

I would highly recommend the Everglades to anyone...worth a visit if you are staying in Derry!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank roro_ca
Dear guest

WOW , thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of The Everglades Hotel,
I am delighted you and your party enjoyed all of your stay.

Best Wishes

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had our wedding here and I cannot praise the staff enough, despite the recent trauma, the hotel ensured that we had a fairytale setting for our special day. All of our guests had an amazing day and the feedback has been brilliant! The setting, the food, the atmosphere and the attention to detail from the staff made our day one we will never forget. Thank you :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sleepyjean30mcc
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Although we were visiting during some construction the hotel has managed to mask this and make it very accommodating. The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly, nothing was too much. The food was outstanding and they even catered to our off the menu requests! The room is to a high standard and the bed is huge, you'll never have a bad nights sleep!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Kelly-anne D
Dear guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel.

Best wishes

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Attended a private wedding function yesterday at the hotel. Despite the trauma that the hotel and staff has recently went through
Everything was perfect. Food and service was second to none, from the tea & coffee reception not forgetting those tasty tray bakes to the 4 course meal it was beautiful, the atmosphere was very welcoming a great team. Would recommend and will definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends