“Outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
rome
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed overnight at the Everglades Hotel - first class.
A friendly welcoming hotel - every member of staff we spoke to made us feel really welcome.
There was a problem with the Internet access - we were offered complimentary lunch in place of this. We declined this offer simply because we were so full from a tasty breakfast.
The hotel is under going some reservations due to an incident which occurred a short time ago so allowances do need to be made.
We have stayed in all the a Hastings a Group hotels - this has to be our favourite!!
We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the busy main road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Not centrally located, initial room was smokey (which was corrected). Rooms fine, breakfast good, nice clean larger bathrooms, bedrooms good but need minor repairs, in room safe wonderful, staff seem busy because of construction causing changes to front desk but trying, Therefore Ok for a stay but room for improvement.

Stayed July 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of the CIE Tour. Hotel rooms are in a desperate need of refurbishing. Our room had two twin beds - was on the first floor - no air conditioning and could not open the window due to being on the first floor and our room overlooking a busy highway. Bathroom was very small with no counter to place your bathroom items, no tub and shower was small. Our tour director told us that there was a small incident of a firebomb about 2 weeks before we arrived, made us feel uneasy. The hotel was repairing the damage and when you walked into the restaurant you could smell the construction going on, i.e., plaster board, paint, etc. Not a very pleasant dinner smell. Dinner was good in the restaurant despite the smell. After the walking tour of Derry some of us stayed in Derry to attend Mass. None of us had pounds since our tour was only staying one night in Northern Ireland. The hotel could not assist us in changing Euros to Pounds. We were lucky that one person had Pounds to use on a taxi to get us back. Hotel is not situated near the city center - the only way you could get there is by using a taxi. Wi-Fi was not available in the room only in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here.
Apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay.
Its unfortunate that you were not made aware that we are a £3 taxi to the centre of the city.

I apologise you did not get to experience our hotel at its finest, due to the recent incident at the hotel that was out of our control, we have had to act quickly to refurbish the building and I apologise that this was during your stay.

If you should decide to return to the North West I would be delighted to arrange your booking for you personally . Just email me on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Best wishes

Belfast NIreland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed for an overnight whilst on business not long after a firebomb attack. Despite having to relocate reception and breakfast the hotel was friendly and comfortable. Much better value than City centre hotels and only a short, cheap taxi ride from the city centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maryconnolly

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
We appreciate not only your business, but your kind comments.
We recently went through an unfortunate incident at the hotel which was out of our control and your comments are much appreciated during this time.

Best Wishes

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

stayed for bed and breakfast after watching fantastic tribute band. Room was pleasant and staff on check in and in the evening could not fault very professional and friendly, Only big let down was the breakfast. Did not complain as we stayed shortly after the fire damage and I put it down to that incident. Since then I have heard that this was the case before the incident that some people had stayed and were not happy with the breakfast. The room had no atmosphere and felt more like a poor bed and breakfast. The breakfast was cold and the eggs I could not eat they resembled a rubber poached egg from a joke shop, The breakfast containers did not keep the food warm and only continued to cook it at a very low temperature. The breakfast was a total let down and spoilt the great evening we had the evening before. We will not be returning and cannot recommend this hotel. We have stayed at Hastings Hotels and have always had great service room and food and have always recommended them to friends and family and have always posted great reviews. Am disappointed to have to write my first negative hotel review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here.
Apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay.
I do thank you for pointing out how nice my staff were and I am sure had you raised your concerns with them they would have tried to accommodate you the best they could.

Best wishes

Kapaa, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here on a CIE tour. Unfortunately the hotel was the victim of a recent firebombing and is under renovation in the lobby area. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Our room was on the side away from the highway and was quiet, comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our visit and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Others have commented on the noisy highway side which would best be avoided.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
Thank you for your support and kind words.
I appreciate you stayed during a time when we have not been at our best due to an incident that was out of our control.
But it is encouraging and welcoming to read your comments to my staff.
For that I thank you.
I understand this may not happen soon, but should you decide to return to the North West I would be delighted to arrange your booking for you personally . Just email me on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Warm wishes

Liverpool
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in June whilst working in the area. Firstly I would like to say staff are extremely helpful and offer great service. Food is good, breakfast and dinner. I stayed in a room on the roadside which I have to say was a lovely room but extremely noisy due to traffic. It did have secondary glazing but It felt like this was going to fall to bits every time I went to close it. Air conditioning would have been beneficial as due to the noise the windows had to be shut. The hotel was undergoing major refurbishment during my visit following the cowardly attack and when it is complete will look fantastic. Leisure facilities would be a major benefit to this hotel and is all it is really lacking. Car parking was excellent as was everything else. Overall a really pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank PIW1965

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel.
Thank you for your support and kind words.
But it is encouraging and welcoming to read your comments to my staff.
For that I thank you.