Everglades Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
City Hotel(Derry)
1,370 results
All reviewshastings grouplibrary barhastings hotelsgrand ballroomthe grillafternoon teathe general managerfirst classlocal produceducktop classfrom start to finishcity centrepublic areasporridgebusy roadbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I went here for a light meal. We were taken to a table straight away and presented with a very exclusive menu. Food was really well presented and absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend the Chorizo chicken. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. We will definitely be back. The Hotel lobby is looking spectacular after it's recent refurbishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Attended a friends wedding here in July, the lobby looks really bright and welcoming, the staff were really friendly and professional especially the Manager Niall who looked after us all so well during our meal which was really gorgeous and so filling. Everyone agreed that it was such a great wedding from start to finish, would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

From arrival until departure my stay was everything I could have wished for. Probably the most friendly, welcoming staff I've ever encountered in any hotel - reception, front of house, bars, dining room and housekeeping nothing was ever too much trouble. The genuine warmth of smiles and cheery word is such a welcome change from the banal "have a nice day" you so often encounter these days.

The hotel itself has, unfortunately recently been subject to some unwelcome disturbance, but this was so well managed it never once impinged on the quality of stay. The public areas are beautifully furnished, light, bright and airy.

My room was superbly comfortable and afforded me three nights of blissful, uninterrupted sleep. It was tastefully furnished complete with in-room safe and lots of storage space. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a most generous sized shower and again clean, bright and airy.

I ate in the Grill restaurant and could not fault one single item. I seemed to have Mairead as my exclusive waitress and her natural cheeriness was always a joy to behold. Breakfast consisted of the full range of continental and cooked fayre. Lots of choice and piping hot. All food was presented beautifully and a sheer pleasure to look at before eating. This was most definitely not the usual standard hotel food. Chef obviously works hard and it shows on the plate.

Finally, on Saturday evening there was wonderful (free!) entertainment provided by a young pianist called Aidan. This young man would put many a "professional" entertainer to shame. We were treated to a superb repertoire of Irish classics, mixed with more modern tunes. We then were treated to the wonderful singing of Noella who accompanied herself on guitar.

All in all, I cannot fault the Everglades Hotel. But by far the outstanding memory is the friendliness of the staff. A real credit to the Hastings Group.

Room Tip: My room was at the rear of the hotel and I would consider these to be quieter than the ones at the front facing the road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed in this sad place for one night. The hotel unfortunately had an 'incident' the night before our arrival. CIE tours, instead of moving us to another hotel, insisted that we should stay at the Everglades to show our support! Can you believe this? So we were in this sorry place they called a hotel. My room was miserable - it was hot as there was no air conditioning. The bathroom was small with no amenities. Most of the front of the hotel - except a make shift reception -was bolted up for repairs due to the firebomb the night before. There was no internet, no wi-fi, no foreign exchange. The worst was to come the next morning when there was no hot water and all the 40 of us had cold showers!

The saving grace was the nice dinner and breakfast they laid out. The staff was gracious and trying to make the best of things.

Room Tip: The best advice I can say is to avoid this hotel until it is completely repaired and refurbished.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attended a function at the Everglades and stayed overnight. Staff were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Room was a good size and very comfortable- it seemed to have been refurbished recently. Good location, just a short drive from the city centre. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple