“Lovely hotel with couple of small drawbacks”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel was having work done when I visited but it still looked very nice and can only imagine what it will be like when it is finished. Rooms were good with the main disappointment being the pressure in the shower when you turn the temp up. With that and the very spotty wi-fi it's down to four stars but otherwise all good

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Darren C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have just returned from a very pleasant stay in this Hotel. Right from the outset everything was perfect. I was greeted by friendly, courteous and highly competent receptionists. The room that I was allocated is simply outstanding and the attention to detail is second to none. For example, there was a welcome message from the General Manager bearing my club crest, and on my second evening the young waitress informed me that she had already checked with the Chef what I could eat as I have a gluten intolerance. The food is totally scrumptious and the service in the restaurant is cheerful and attentive. Indeed the friendliness of the staff in general is something which struck me greatly. I can honestly say that having stayed in quite a few hotels in Derry that the Everglades is far and away my favourite. I cannot fault it in any way and I shall look forward to my next stay. It is truly a home away from home.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Gerard C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I needed a last minute one night B&B in Derry last weekend. I as always had a look online to see all options however it is so hard to pass the Everglades for 100% all round. From arrival to departure what a pleasant experience. Reception area is currently under construction but temporary measures are currently in place. The room was amazing a Junior Suite. The breakfast was unbelievable and included local produce which was a delight. A great experience all round. We are looking forward to our next visit already.

Room Tip: Suite - Room 202 Highly Recommended
1  Thank Maureen K
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Hotel is located outside town so you need to drive to go anywhere. The house must have seen better days but at least the entrance area is under reconstruction. The rooms would need the same. Due to reconstruction and a private event food was served in temporary restaurant. Not really a nice set-up but the food was ok. Breakfast was equally uninspiring. We did not notice any noise from the wedding party as some other visitors noticed.

Room Tip: Room to the parking lot rather than the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank murgman
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the hotel on Saturday afternoon for lunch with my wife.
Despite the recent incident at the hotel it business as usual and great to see so many people buzzing around.
We had a delicious meal and staff where excellent and very attentive.
Congratulations to the management and staff for keeping things rubbing so smooth despite the refurbishment taking place.
I look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank reca123
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing night away from Belfast. We spotted the Everglades and booked straight away. It couldn't have been any better!! It's a beautiful hotel, (Reception currently under renovation, though this is no reason to be put off) the room was immaculate as were the linens and towels. To say the food was amazing is an understatement!!!! We could quite happily eat in The Grill for the rest of our days!!! The biggest highlight for us has to be the encounters we had with your staff - What a lovely bunch of people! If you could bottle and sell that, the Hastings group would be onto a winner!! There wasn't a thing that was too much trouble. I'm just sad that I didn't get their names for you to pass on our gratitude personally :( We were in The Grill whilst there was a large coach tour group having their dinner, and whilst the staff were very busy attending to them, the young lady who tended to us was amazing! Always a smile and nothing was too much! Even the gentleman from the bar was in helping. I say gentleman - This word doesn't do him justice! The most pleasant member of staff in any bar/restaurant that we have ever came across! And this is the Everglades unique selling point for me - The staff. They are a credit to the Hastings Group! Thanks again for a wonderful stay, and all the best for getting the new reception area up and running!

Warmest regards,
Angela & Robert Albert

4  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I went here for a light meal. We were taken to a table straight away and presented with a very exclusive menu. Food was really well presented and absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend the Chorizo chicken. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. We will definitely be back. The Hotel lobby is looking spectacular after it's recent refurbishment.