“great choice”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 16 May 2009

this hotel is quite classy,just outside the walled town and over the river. a short taxi ride,but worth it as this is one of the nicer hotels. lovely room,great afternoon tea.lovely bar area and friendly helpfull staff. would stay here again. ps great bar life in derry. and the people were fun and welcoming. had a great 3day stay.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegilb

Reviewed 3 May 2009

Just had two night break in your hotel. It was perfect, Staff were extremely helpful, friendly & courteous. You have a staff to be proud of, nothing was a problem for them, one nicer than the other. One minor complaint is that the breakfast on Saturday, served as selfservice was a bit cold where as the breakfast we got on Friday which was waiter served was first class. It was our first trip to Derry and you and your staff helped make it a memorable one.
Thanks again.
Mary & Mark Cribbin

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mkmy2425
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I have just returned from a 2 night break in the Everglades with friends. Everything from the welcome to the food and drink to the most comfortable bed was excellent. From we arrived we were greated by an extremely professional and friendly receptionist. On the first night we ate in the bar, the menu was just what we were looking for at keen prices. On the second night we ate in the restaurant, and this was a very special experience, from the menu to the service, the whole meal was just an excellent experience. The accommodation was very modern with flat screen tv and ipod docking stations to the most comfortable bed i have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Over all the experience and the service is second to none. I stay in hotels all of the time through work, but staying at the Everglades just wasn't another night in a hotel, but a excellent experience. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My wife and myself have just returned from a fabulous weekend at the Everglades hotel. The staff were really welcoming, and in particular I would like to mention the reception staff who were always on hand to provide info on shopping, attractions etc. We only ate in the hotel on one of the nights, but the standard of food was excellent, and the service, as in all parts of the hotel really good. My only comment would be that wine was a bit pricey.
Derry itself is a lovely city, and my wife enjoyed spending lots of MY MONEY in the local shops!!
I will be returning to Derry in the not so distant future and will definately be staying at the Everglades.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robertslinda14
Reviewed 28 March 2009

Stayed here one Friday night. Felt hotel lacked atmosphere. Bedroom decor was dated. Bed seemed to have a waterproof sheet which was very clammy. Unlikely to stay again. Staff friendly though.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frequenttraveller083
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2009

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased that you took the time to compliment our staff, as we put alot of time and effort into our customer service and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am dissapointed however, to hear that your overall experience was less than 100%, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Feedback is very important to us, and I can assure you that I will take your comments onboard, to futher improve standards within the hotel. If you would like to discuss your comments further, I would be delighted to hear from you.
Kindest Regards
Stephen

Reviewed 19 September 2008

My husband and I have just returned from a fabulous weekend stay at the hotel. The food, service and overall ambience of the hotel were great. On the Saturday night there was entertainment in the lounge and it was great to relax in lovely surroundings. I will definately be returning.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Jozy36
Reviewed 10 August 2008

we recently attended a friends wedding at this hotel and i have to say we had a great experience.
on arrival a large party of americans were checking in at the same time,but no delay here we were checked in promply and efficently and directed to our rooms by Brian the concierge.
The wedding reception was as impressive with great food and served by smartly dressed waiters,.the grand ballroom is indeed grand with its wonderful chandliers and the ambience is just great.
Bedrooms have been recently refubished and the beds are the most comfortable that we have found .

All in all a great week -end,well done Hastings .

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oldred1