“Friendly and helpful staff that set the standard for this excellent hotel”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We were made to feel welcome the minute we stepped into the Everglades.Check in was quick and hassle free and the staff couldnt do enough for us from the word go.Our room was clean and cosy and even when we reported that the cd player was not working it was replaced straight away.The hotels location is brilliant for a quick drive into Derry city for abit of shopping and other entertainment.We had food from the bar menu and it was of a high standard and catered well for my young son.It was lovely to sit by the open fire at the end of the day and relax with a drink and again the staff were only to happy to see to our every need.The breakfast was very relaxed and there was plenty of variety to pick from.Overall I would say the Everglades is a lovely hotel with excellent staff and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 22 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel last week with 5 friends for my birthday and I have to say I couldnt have asked for better. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by not only a very friendly receptionist but also the Duty Manager, which was a nice touch. Check in went smoothly and we were reminded of our dinner reservation which we had made when we made the hotel reservation.

The room was a superior double and it was great, I would have no complaints. The hotel was able to place my friends in rooms beside me which also was a nice touch. Dinner was my birthday treat from my friends and it was such a treat! I had the deep fried Brie and then the sirlion which was cooked to perfection. For dessert I had the chocolate and lime meringues which were delicious all of my party agreed that the food was excellent and i would definately recommend it.

All in all I could not have asked for more, the hotel was lovely and the service was second to none. All the staff I met were friendly, nice quite location but not far from city centre will we be back............yes for sure

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2010

i attended a 30th wedding anniversary recently and found the whole experience wonderful. The staff were polite and courteous while the setting was beautiful and vibrant. The meal was served buffet style but was fresh and extremely satisfying, especially the dessert with the strawberry cheesecake in particular fluffy and tasty. I would have no problem recommending this hotel for any party be it small medium or large.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Everyone we had contact with including a maintenance man in the carpark were helpful and friendly. They seemed proud of their hotel, and rightly so. The hotel was clean and warm. An extensive lobby with fires was atmospheric and comfortable. The bedroom was bright, clean and comfortable. Special mention needs to go to the restaurant. The service was top rate and the food excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My partner and i went to the everglades on a weekend special 2 nights bb which included one night dinner. We found the hotel staff to be very welcoming and helpful and the rooms very comfortable. We found the inclusive menu to be very good value for money. We then retired to the lounge to have our coffee in front of the fire. All in all a very relaxing experience.
We will be returning

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bangorman43
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Had meal here with group of friends before Christmas .The food was over priced, small portions , tasteless and despite the restaurant being empty awful service. The hotel itself looks nice but don't eat here. For example one starter was beetroot salad at around £5, we go 2 tea spoons of chopped beetroot on a tiny lettuce leaf, stuffed mushrooms meant one smallish mushroom . When the tiny main courses arrived we all just laughed - they were the size the starters should have been and not even of very good quality. We ordered 2 extra portions of chips to supplement the meagre offerings and there were about 6 chips in each portion. We skipped dessert and ordered coffees. One of the party waited 1/2 hr for hers by which time everyone else had finished. A 1 glass mini bottle of wine was £7!!Truly awful- if you stay in this hotel get a taxi into town, where there are some fabulous good value restaurants .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Dear holidayseeker,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the hotel. I am dissapointed that you were unhappy with the quality of food and the service you experienced, and I sincerely apologise. I can assure you that your feedback will be taken on board and we will monitor this area extremely closely over the coming months.
We are regularly commended on the quality of our food, and we make every effort to source the finest in local ingrediants and serve them in a refined yet simple way, to let the quality of Irish produce speak for itself.
Our wine is also sourced from the finest vineyards throughout the world, and we are proud to be associated with Woodford Bourne, our wine supplier in helping us showcase these quality wines. At times quality comes at a price, but we feel that they offer great value for money.
Once again please accept my apologies, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Kind Regards
Stephen Meldrum

Reviewed 25 February 2010

Just had an excellent overnight stay at the Eveerglades it was fantastic food excellent room very high standard and a very professional and friendly staff.Nothing was to much trouble.
The food in the restaurant was the best I have had for a long time (try the chefs baked alaska) great wine list also.
Attention to detail in the bedroom was exceptional and cleanliness a big priority.
Loved it cant wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends