“From start to finish excellent”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“From start to finish excellent”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I had the pleasure of staying in the Everglades over a weekend for a family wedding and from start to finish my stay was most pleasurable.

The reception area is beautiful and spacious with the large open fire. The concierge and recpetion staff were friendly and helpful.
The bedrooms, like the entire hotel, are tastefully decorated with all the necessary mod-cons.
The bar area has a friendly atmosphere with pleanty of seating and another beautiful fire. The staff (our server Leanne) were so friendly and service was impecible.
Satchmos restaurant is one of the best hotel restaurants I have experienced. Both breakfast and dinner were of the best quality. The service and staff were flawless and the restaurant manager, James was most helpful.

Overall, the stay in the Everglades was amazing and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed at the everglades for two nights on 8th and 9th of august for our anniversary. From the moment arrived the service was exemplary. Every member of staff we came across was very friendly and helpful.
Our room was spacious and well decorated. Breakfast and dinner were both first class. One slight minor problem was our room was facing the road but close the window, its like its warm in northern Ireland!

• Stayed August 2010
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
Dear whit99,

thankyou for commenting on your stay, im delighted to hear you had such a great experience. we look forward to seeing you again

Kind regards

Stephen Redden
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed at the Everglades for a night at the end of July after my parents 60th wedding anniversary party locally and had booked the hotel due to its location and price. The lobby is very welcoming and spacious with open fires and lots of seating for relaxing in. Rooms were fine if a little dated especially the bathrooms but generally the appearance is fine.

The breakfast was a disappointment, this is not the Hilton standard of buffet breakfast, the bacon was very strong, fruit was limited in range - in short 6 out of 10

We had the misfortune to leave a suit carrier in the hotel with my wife's new dress in it which she had worn the night before and instead of putting the items in lost property until we got back for them a member of staff sent to the DRY CLEANERS. The attitude we got when we raised this with the staff was basically "well what did you expect" !!!!

This was a disappoinment as the clothes were all new and clean and dry cleaning never does much for them, especially when they were not in any way soiled.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear DarrelNI,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. i am dissapointed to hear you didnt enjoy your breakfast, we pride ourselves on the quality of our breakfast and strive to ensure we have a wide range of the best produce from local suppliers. we do hope to welcome you to the hotel again

kind regards

Stephen Redden
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2010

From the moment we entered the hotel it was clear to myself and my severly disabled wife that the staff in this property had been trained to a very high standard in both customer care and respect for people with disabilities.Check in was faultless and the room that we were upgraded to was excellent in both standard and spotlessly clean.We had a drink in the bar before dinner and again the staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Dinner was excellent even though the diningroom was quiet busy.My wife had the salmon which was very good and I opted for the sirloin steak which was excellent.The presentaion of the food was all first class .Their was a good choice on the menu and I like the hotels use of local produce .We had a nice bottle of Graham Beck wine from a nicely balanced wine list.
We had room service the following morning for breakfast.This I know can varey in hotels however our breakfast arrived promptly at the time requested and piping hot.Again the quality of food was excellent and the cooked food was very well presented.
On departure check out was like the rest of our stay --faultless!!!!
A very well managed hotel which anybody thinking of visiting the City of Culture 2013
should make a point of visiting

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed one night and wished we had stayed longer at this fine hotel on outskirts of Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Beautiful setting and fine services with outstanding attentive service. Had Gourmet Break with Superior Double Room which was good value, with dining in fine restaurant. Most enjoyable. Jean and Geoffrey Lord

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Beautiful comfy bedroom, even had bowl of boiled sweets; & Tyrconnell whiskey for use with porridge in buffet breakfast, which was one of best breakfasts I've had in a long time ( no whiskey as driving)
Very warm welcome from all staff; Great value for money too - check their website .
Bar area a wee bit dark, almost positioned in corner as an after-thought.....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I stayed in the Everglades on business and booked this hotel, as I have stayed in other Hastings Hotels and have always been happy with them.
The hotel doesn't look great from the outside but inside is tastfully decorated. My room was spacious and clean.
Nice extra touches in the room, like some sweets and of course the hastings hotel duck! Lovely big flat screen TV in my room too.
Was a bit dissappointed that bar snacks are only served until 6.30pm and the only option after this is the formal restaurant. Luckily for me,Toni, the very kind lady on reception was able to get me a light snack in my room - which was great!
The hotel was quiet (I was there on a Monday) but as I was travelling on business, this was what I wanted.
Large car park, many hotels in Derry do not have a car park or charge for parking, so this was another reason I opted for Everglades.
Convenient location for business / pleasure in this area. Would definately stay here again.
Breakfast was very nice and good choice of food.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business