“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
N Ireland
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Old Wordly Hotel. Had lovely meal. Very Attentive staff, bedrooms spotlessly clean. Bed extremely comfortable.

All in all lovely overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank inanticipation!
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2011
Dear inanticipation!,

thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay, i hope you visit us soon so you can see first hand the redecoration we have just completed in the hotel. i hope to see you again some time soon

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We stayed for one night in Jan and we had a great time. We booked an offer than included a four course meal in the restaurant in the evening, irish breakfast in the morning and the hotel included a free ticket to the city walking tour. It was an excellent value for money package.

The food was excellent both for dinner and breakfast.

The staff at the hotel were very helpful, they booked us a taxi tour of the murals and when we returned gave us a complimentary tea to heat us when we returned. All staff that we met were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is probably 20 mins walk from the centre of Derry along a busy road (with pavements.) We walked it a couple of times and found it fine, people we met on the road were very friendly and said hello. Taxi to the town would not be expensive if want to avoid the walk.

I must admit, a very good stay indeed. I am recommending my parents stay there this summer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Chris,

i am delighted to hear the staff and indeed the people of the city, treated you so well. i am very proud of the team here at the hotel, they are all dedicated to ensureing you have the best stay possible. i know your parents will love their stay to.

stephen
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Me & my new husband got married in the Everlglades in October 2010. We originally booked a venue over the boarder but then decided to change to the Everglades as we had a lot of people coming from England and it was easier to have everything happen in Derry.

I cannot speak highly enough of Stephen and his team. Our wedding day was magical and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Our wedding coordinator Mairead was professional every step of the way. We had a lot of guests who stayed in the Everglades for the weekend and also praised the customer service and facilities. Myself and a lot of my guests also work in the hotel business.

For anybody who is considering having their wedding reception over the boarder I would suggest you take a look at the Everglades first. Their function room is lovely, food great and customer service is 5*. The bar prices work out cheaper for your guests and nobody needs to worry about the expense of staying over or paying expensive taxi fares back to Derry.

I wish the Everglades best wishes for the future - a fabulous hotel with fabulous staff who make the hotel a special venue.

Claire & Nav

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Claire & Nav,

thank you for your kind words, it was an honour for me and my team to be a part of your special day. i am delighted to hear you and you family had a great time. i hope you both had a great hooneymoon and are settling in to life as normal again. please come back and see us when you can.

Stephen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The hotel is definitely in a class of its own. Nice tray of fruit in the room, fudge and boiled sweets. Beautiful suite, decorated to a high standard. Large bed very comfortable, solid building, not street noise. Looking forward to the next stay

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My husband and I stayed there over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly.It was excellent value for money. The room was very comfortable, spotless and very warm. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
N Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From booking our break right through to check-out, the staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Our room was bright and spacious. The bathroom was spotless and there was plenty of towels and bathrobes provided.

We had dinner in the restaurant which we could not fault. The bar was lovely..and I really enjoyed the cosmopolitans (maybe a bit too much!)

Breakfast was plentiful and all was well cooked and very tasty. I would definitely go back here, in fact my husband and I have recently been talking about returning (maybe for his birthday later this month)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We were there for 3 nights.

The staff at this hotel are amazing. I've stayed at a variety of hotels, including the Ritz, etc. and the service was comparable.

I have multiple food allergies and the meals they pulled together for me were amazing.I have never been so well acccommodated on this front.

Our travel plans kept changing due to incredible flight delays and they communicated very well via email (I was on my iPhone - I didn't want to make various roaming/long distance calls from airports all over the world).

We were there during "the coldest winter in years" so they were trying to keep up with heating. They did a pretty good job. Hotels across Northern Ireland were closing due to problems related to the weather, but the Everglades stayed open and kept the standard high.

The rooms were pretty nice. There is no central air, which I think is somewhat normal for NI, so it felt a little humid - but this is NI in December. A few days in a row, the cleaning staff forgot to bring towels, but when I called the front desk, towels were brought in under 3 minutes and with apologies.

I needed clothes laundered but all the landry services were closed due to bank holidays. Somehow they got my clothes washed and folded. I think a staff member did it on off hours. I was so incredibly impressed.

In any case, I will always stay at the Everglades when I travel to Derry. It seems to be, by far, the best option in town.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple