“Wonderful B&B with great hosts!!”

Groarty House & Manor B&B
Ranked #13 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed 1 night at Groarty House and was very impressed by the accommodation and the hosts. Very cosy bedrooms and a beautiful breakfast. Great value for money too. The host recommend a restaurant to us that was one of the best places I have dined at in a long time.
Perfectly located just on the outskirts of Derry and has a wonderful view in the evening. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great value and comfortable B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We arrived on Friday at 17.00 and were welcomed by the owner making us feel at home .First impressions were comfortable and friendly . The room was clean ,warm & homely . The breakfast was tasty and you had a good choice .The surrounding's were great and had a nice view. We liked that much we stayed another night . Would strongly recommend a stay there and we would stay there again .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I arrived late on a Friday evening From Kent and John and Margaret made me feel very welcome from the start.
A professional run B&B with warm with excellent facilities. I found the family discreetly accommodating I must say nothing was out of the way John offered to give me a lift in the icy conditions without being asked! A very Good traditional Ulster fry and plenty of alternative breakfast choice...the right way to start the day. Defiantly a comfortable experience.
I would highly recommending a stay at Groarty House & Manor House it's as good as a hotel, it's a short run into the City of Culture and to Donegal.

Mr C. Scott.

Room Tip: Front of the house has the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Well this B&B was great value which my wfe and I did really enjoy this was a great highlight to our stay as we stayed in my hotels but thIs one was really special as it was warmly and hknelt. The breakfast was really tasty with a wide variety of continental and cooked breakfasts which was served by the comical charchter named "Joyce" who was pleasent and funny. Thank you for a great stay well enjoyed

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Enjoyed a great stay, very clean and well-equipped room. Conveniently located not too far from Derry city centre. Ideal little retreat.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was an excellent experience. John and Margaret made me feel very welcome from the minute I arrived. They are warm friendly people and would do anything to accommodate. The food was excellent and they both have a great knowledge of the area. I felt like part of the family. I have no hesitation on recommending a stay at this establishment and I will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and was very impressed. The family there were very friendly and helpful. They have a great knowledge of the local hotspots and restaurants and even went so far as to drive us into the town centre for a night out. It's situated in a beautiful area surrounded by countryside and some great views and it's really peaceful and quiet. I would recommend this to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple