“Very comfortable; stylish”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Buncrana, Ireland
“Very comfortable; stylish”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed overnight on Thursday night after going to a retirement dinner for a colleague. A very well known establishment in Derry, & stayed there before. Very nice rooms; well presented & comfortable. Perhaps, rooms we were in were a little tricky to access - seemed to be almost in a basement area. In saying all of that, one couldn't fault the rooms. Really well appointed. Great showers! The building itself is very interesting, with lots of signed photos of loads of famous people who've stayed. Historical connections with US marines.
The food was really very good. Breakfast was well presented.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Fermanagh
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Conor and his team were very accommodating from start to finish during our weekend residential. The hotel is steeped in history and charm and the cosy fires everywhere made it so welcoming. The rooms are cosy & clean. The food throughout our stay was excellent, from warm scones & cream & jam to the dinners! All ten of us had nothing bad to say and we will definitely return as a group and/or individually.
Thank you to all the staff for everything

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My fiancee and I will be holding our wedding reception in the Beech Hill in June and we have just spent a lovely evening tasting some of the different foods that will be served. We were greeted with a warm smile upon arrival and were pleasantly surprised to hear that all the staff were aware of our tasting. We enjoyed some canapés and drinks beside the fire before heading into the restaurant for our meal.
The mains of fillet beef and chicken with black pudding were absolutely divine and it's clear to see the quality of produce which is used in all their meals. We really enjoyed the whole evening and cannot wait until the wedding in June when our friends and family can enjoy the great food and service.

Highly recommend !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights as my Christmas present food and service incredible congratulations to all first class customer service will be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maj085
Belfast
Reviewed 23 December 2011

i stayed here on the 16th december (last week) and could not belive how the hotel prides it self on awards and famous guests (especially american presidents) it seems they have given up on hospitality and arte scraping the bottom of an old old barrel as regards the lacklustre food and service ,keep away or at least complain and get a voucher off the owner seems to work for many according to the mostly asian staff

Room Tip: our room was large keep away from downstairs rooms as our friend had
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank honestmeals2011
Highlands
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My partner and I stayed at The Beech Hill Hotel for two nights and had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was fantastic and our room was enormous! Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I organised a girly lunch for the family at the Beech Hill for Christmas lunch as a pre-Christmas treat. Overall there was nothing bad about the experience, but I was left feeling pretty underwhelmed - the table was nicely decorated, but there was no Christmas music to set the atmosphere. I have eaten at the Beech Hill before and I have been totally wowed, but sadly not this time. Food was good, but not great. Unfortunately I found a hair in my starter, which I did not bring to the attention of the staff because I didn't want to ruin dinner for anyone else at the table. Dessert was really good and the staff were very attentive and helpful.

I will be back to the Beech Hill at some point because I have had good experiences there, but I was very disappointed on this occasion.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family