“A (too) short stay”

Beech Hill Country House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Beech Hill. Our time to relax and enjoy well cooked and beautifully presented food. All the staff are so friendly and sincere and genuinely wanted to make our stay a memorable experience. We recommend this Hotel to you and will return again and again......

Room Tip: We like to stay in the older part of the hotel - antique furniture and period pieces.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed two nights in the Beech Hill. It's in a beautiful rustic location. It is a taxi trip away (or bus during the day) from Derry city centre. The rooms are well kept and the staff were always helpful.

Room Tip: Room 30 did get a bit of reverb from the bar downstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The beech hill is a tranquil get away with great food and service. The grounds are well kept and offer a relaxing lush green space to stroll in. The rooms are clean and spacious but check which side of the house you are staying on as if you are on the function room side when there is a wedding or party, you will not sleep well.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A thoughtful welcome 'phone call the night before from Brenda set us up for a very pleasant three night stay.
Although not the fault of the Staff we were disturbed at 2.00am the first night by drunken revellers ( were they Doctors?) continuing to party upstairs after being asked to leave the bar. We had turned in at about 11.30.
There were one or two quirky things about the Hotel which has a huge reputation in and around the area (Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy were frequent visitors ). The food was absolutely superb and the staff (mainly Filipinos) were all exceptional. A walk in the grounds is worth a try because of the links with the USMC and WWII.
Excellent luxurious base for the whole area.

Room Tip: Our twin bedded room had a Super King and a single. Radiators need to be turned right down or ev...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Last minute booking as a birthday treat for my wife. Didn't realise there was such a gem right on my doorstep. Accommodation was the last word, food was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJDave89
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Creaky uneven floors, cheesy paneled bathroom with linoleum floors, noisy skeleton-keyed locks, squeaky doors - lucky "our neighbors" were quiet. Staff was very nice and accommodating.
Lovely breakfast including buffet and menu choices. Pretty property, good touring base if you have a car.

We travelled thru Ireland for 2 1/2 weeks and stayed in all types of hotels, B&Bs, apartments. This was one of the most expensive and I felt a little overpriced based on others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hopethishelpsNewYork
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Beech Hill Country House was a last minute booking for myself and a collegue through booking.com. We were attending a forum in the City Hotel Derry on the Sat/Sun of last. It was late by the time we had booked in but I had rang and told them it would be lateish by the time we got there. As we didnt know Derry City at all, we had to go around a few times before finally getting there. Last Saturday was so wet and dreary it was nearly impossible to find our way. When we go to the hotel we were welcomed by Roisin who is a great asset to the hotel. My bags were brought to my room which was at the top of the house having to go up three flights of stairs. My room was oldy worldy just what I like with a beautiful bed. I felt like a princess LOL. Next morning we had the most beauitful breakfast served by extremely effient staff and I apolgise to them for not knowing their names. but I hope their wages reflect how kind and nice they were. Our visit was so short I was unable to look around more but if I have any negatives
it is the dark colour that is painted on the stairs, please change to an nice ivory colour and I think the stair carpet which is also dull and is a wee bit whiffy. The house is a lovely old building, built in the 1800 so having the floor boards making a noise is just part of it and wouldn't bother me, it has so much character and long may it last. With the help of God I will be back again next year this time with No 1 Husband.

Room Tip: get a room on the ground floor if the auld legs are not good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business