Beech Hill Country House Hotel
PremierInn.com
US$98
US$93
Agoda.com
All reviewsbill clintonduring wwiiwater wheelwalking trailsmaster suitehotel groundssecond world warwalled gardenantique furniturepublic roomslounge barsuperior roomhuge bedrelaxing breakwedding partynorthern irelandboth nights
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Stayed again at Beech Hill the staff are by far the most helpful and friendly we have ever encountered. The food is fantastic and the rooms are wonderful the staff are more than helpful and will do everything to make your stay fantastic. We are just back from a stay in a 5 star hotel in Belfast it did not come close to the service food in Beech Hill. This hotel is ideal for couples wanting peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I has the pleasure of staying at The Beech hill hotel recently due to business arrangements. As this was my first trip to Derry, I was quite excited to see the City that has recently been awarded the City of Culture.
From the welcome on arrival, to the exceptionally comfortable room I was immediately impressed by been welcomed to homemade scones and coffee!
The staff are very friendly and could not do enough to make my stay more comfortable. Being a busines lady travelling alone I found the service and the product offering to be second to none. An excellent menu choice for both breakfast and dinner with an extensivce choice.
This is a family run hotel and to be met by the owner on check in says a lot about the the customers perception.
I will definetely return again in the future

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel over the recent bank holiday weekend. We were on the verge of cancelling after reading some of the reviews on this website. But we decided to go ahead with the reservation and could not have been happier! We were greeted very warmly by Brenda the receptionist which put our negative reservations at ease. Our room was clean and was filled with gorgeous antique furniture and overlooked the hotel's beautiful gardens. We had dinner in the restaurant which was month-wateringly good, I'll definitely be back! The staff were extremely friendly and very efficient, nothing was a problem. Overall our stay was very peaceful and pleasurable. Me and my husband liked it so much we have booked ourselves in for a weekend stay in August!

Reviewed 4 July 2010

Upon arrival to this hotel from the outside I thought this is going to be a fantastic hotel, boy was I mistaken! The receptionist had a bad attitude and had to be prompted on basic information guests need like what time breakfast is served, where our room was and where and when we could use hotel facilities (fitness centre).

With regards to the cleanliness of the rooms I had to clean the toilet in our room before using, Pubic hair and urine is completely unacceptable! The overall decor in the room, was dated and reminiscent of faulty towers. WIFI signal very poor. Dont expect a decent shower either, the water was cold and fixtures (curtain and rail) fell apart while using. With outdoubt the worst room I have ever stayed in and I am disguisted I paid £135 for this 'superior' type room type, I wouldnt like to see a 'standard' room.

Food was very good but service slow. As for the gym, half the machinery doesnt work and is covered in dust and cob webs. I have a notion that the staff sleep in samll box rooms just off the gym, as staff where constantly coming through the gym to make up beds in small box rooms, unless these are the 'standard' rooms.

Avoid this hotel at all costs, consider camping in a tent for the night it would be cleaner, more comfortable and you would get a better nights sleep.

3  Thank Andyrock
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We were delighted when we arrived at the hotel, the welome at the desk etc was excellent and our room was a good size. When we arrived for dinner though we changed our minds..the service was terrible. We were left sitting on our own for a long time while other people arrived and their orders taken. Other tables where also offered bread and a wine list but we still sat on our own. Eventually we got our wine list and after a long while our order was taken. We had to ask for bread. After our starter we waited for 40 mins for our main course when we were told that it had been given to the wrong couple and ours would have to be cooked again! The management and staff were over with the couple who got our main course making a fuss of them but no such fuss for us. We left feeling like second class citizens. Breakfast was no better.. we asked for tea which wasn't delivered however the people who arrived at the table beside us had their tea delivered straight away and had it poured for them!! Eventually when we asked for tea a second time it was brought and slapped on the table.. We will not return to this hotel, however I must say that the reception staff where excellent

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple