“Great night sleep service and breakfast. ”

Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed a Thursday night for an all day meeting Friday and have to say the hotel is spotless the bedroom was so comfortable it provided me with what I need peace and quiet a good night sleep. The staff that I meet that morning were all very pleasant and took their time to ensure I was ok. Even though I was rushing to get my day started I managed to have a relaxing breakfast. Spotless hotel with a great night sleep and excellent service, wifi and breakfast for great value. What else do I need. Thanks team White Horse.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MrSalem
WhiteHorseHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Mr Salem,
Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. I am glad you had a relaxing time and enjoyed your breakfast. I will pass your kind works onto the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was a little different than the others we've had for the past couple nights. This hotel is very modern looking. The staff was very nice at check in and check out....he was actually the same person. The Bar staff\restaurant server was very nice as well. The room was small, room 215, and so was the bathroom. The heat worked in this hotel and was used just long enough to knock the chill out of the air. It had been cool, rainy and very windy all day. The room and lobby area was clean. The room had everything anyone could require except a clock and that seems to be something lacking in all the hotels here in Ireland. This hotel did have wash cloths which was a nice amenity. The wifi worked in the rooms and stayed connected! There were cookies, hot cocoa and coffee in the room, table chairs and a desk area. The television offered a few more channels than we had been getting from the other hotels we had stayed in while in Ireland. The bar had good food and good service. This hotel is kind of off by itself. It is not in town and there are no other restaurants or businesses within sight. There is no elevator so if stairs are a problem for you be warned or ask for a 1st floor room. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: No elevator so if stairs are a problem let them know when you make a reservation.
1  Thank Tyme4relaxing
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business. Service was first class from first setting foot in the hotel. My room was clean and fresh and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The restaurant food was truly wonderful as was the breakfast.
Considering the price I paid per night I can unreservedly recommend this hotel.
Well done!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the NW200 races, only because Portrush was full. It might have been a 45 min drive from where we wanted to be, but it was a wonderful hotel, we will use it in future for all our trips.
Don't know where to start - the staff couldn't do enough for us, they were so friendly, all of them.
Then there's the restaurant, my goodness, both very much into cooking, and very picky eaters where good food is concerned - this place left us speechless, it was just superb food, so good we ate every night in the hotel bar one (and I never eat in the hotel restaurant unless I really have to).
I loved it, probably the best hotel experience I've had in the British Isles (and I've stayed in hundreds). Top marks!!! Thanks for giving us such a memorable stay, see you again soon!

2  Thank Will N
WhiteHorseHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Wil,

Thank you for your kind words with reference to your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to our return. I have passed on your comments to all the staff and it was a good lift after a busy week. Thank you

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed for three nights and had a lovely hotel room, the staff were fantastic, the pool, sauna and steam was a serious added benefit, food was reasonably priced, it was a short drive from derry airport but still close to derry for shopping, I treated myself to spa treatments whilst staying which was brilliant, Amanda dealt with our checkout and could not have been more friendly or helpful, we will def be staying here again

Room Tip: All the rooms are fab, if your feeling extravagant treat your self to an executive double
1  Thank Michelle S

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for your review. It was great to have you with us and thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ate here on Easter Sunday when they had a carvery offer. Food was very nice. Bar service in the function room a bit hit and miss, stood at the bar for a few mins waiting to get served but the bar staff seemed preoccupied in totting up dockets behind the bar or serving waiters to take drinks back to tables. Was not acknowledged at all so gave up and went back to my table and ordered some wine from the waitress.

But apart from that the food was very good. Had a look round the hotel, the decor was like a nice 3 star. Have never stayed in it but a friend of ours had stayed for a few nights on a leisure trip a few weeks before and she spoke highly of it. Nice and handy for City of Derry Airport, literally just down the road from it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and please accept my apology for the poor service you received. We did have a problem with the tills on the day and I am sorry this distracted my staff. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and your Easter Sunday meal overall despite these issues. I have discussed tem with our bar manager and he has addressed the issue.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at the White Horse Hotel were so friendly and helpful – in particular the housekeeping staff. The rooms were comfortable, clean and equipped with everything you needed for your stay. Although the hotel is located outside Derry City we found it ideal for our family as a lot of the other hotels in the city do not have a leisure complex to keep the kids entertained! I must also compliment the food in the hotel which was superb and we could not fault. Nothing was too much trouble and I would have not hesitation in recommending the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014