“Good food at a reasonable price”
Review of Custom House Restaurant - CLOSED

Custom House Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great choice for lunch. The food is really appetising and well presented. The price is very reasonable and the staff friendly and helpful. The seating is comfortable also. This is another place I will definitely revisit - for the delicious Thai fishcakes! My friends had the pork belly and were pleased with it also. The garlic fries were just as I like them - not at all overcooked or greasy as is often the case elsewhere.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've visited custom house many times and every meal is always superb. The restaurant itself is a lovely setting. Food is gorgeous and the cocktails are tasty too! The salt and chilli squid is once of the best meals I've had and is a must try! Staff were very tentative and polite as always- will continue to visit!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Arrived very early for lunch, but staff were not put out. Had a lovely lunch- one pork belly, one Thai fish cakes-both delicious. Wine was good too. Staff vey friendly also. Don't understand the bad reviews- though it was quiet when we were there. Definitely going back.

1  Thank Tax
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband booked a table for 6 for my 50 th birthday treat as I had been here before with friends and enjoyed the food and service. We were shown to our table and the server left with an apology as a sixth setting was required. The server did not return and we were left waiting for some time. We called another server over who brought the extra setting and then apologised as no one had taken our order. Our order was taken, but no one came back with the wine order, so again we had to call someone over to bring the wine. The food came and was lovely. We ordered another bottle of wine and the server brought the new bottle, whilst grabbing the original bottle and leaving the table. My husband and to run after her to say the bottle was still1/3 full! More apologies and we had dessert and coffees. We asked for the desserts and coffees to come together, but this did not happen. All in all, the food was good as I would expect, but service was very disappointing. I expect more from this establishment- the food quality is excellent- but is badly let down by poorly trained and inexperienced staff. Our server got flustered several times and kept apologising - we ended up reassuring her! The restaurant was not very busy on this occasion. We mentioned our concerns to the supervisor as we paid for our meal, but felt we were not acknowledged. Such a pity. I loved Custom House, but sadly will not return.

4  Thank Bumble321
Reviewed 23 June 2014

These people could not have been nicer or more efficient and the food was very good and surroundings excellent