“very disappointed”
Review of Custom House Restaurant - CLOSED

Custom House Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This restaurant has gone down hill, service not great , all staff seem to have changed, Food cold and not great, presentation not good, All lights on in restaurant, very bright, playing dance music as we ate!, Price does not reflect the quality of food or presentation value for money or variety or choice. Desert was just goo and not attention to any detail. Very disappointed as used to love this restaurant as it was a little bit different not any more!

4  Thank Polly L
Custom_House_Manager, General Manager at Custom House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

HI Thank you for your review ,we at Custom House appreciate feedback from all our customers,
I am disappointed that your visit was not a good experience but I assure you we do strive for customer satisfaction
I will be looking into the service on the evening of your visit .and I will pass your review on to my staff
Once again
Many thanks

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Advised to try this restaurant by our concierge for lunch and we were extremely pleased with our experience.A great project in the refurbishment of the old Customs House to deliver a very tasteful and relaxed decor and ambiance. The staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable of their product.A very good range on the lunchtime menu and also the supper one also looked great.Beautiful presentation of our meals with great quality of food made this a lunch to remember next trip we'll try the evening time to see what that holds. So take the time to locate this rather nice place.

HI Many thanks for your review we at Custom House appreciate all reviews from our customers
Once Again many thanks and we hope to see you again soon

Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Visted for lunch and ordered the soup to start, and the roast chicken for me and my friend had burger. Firstly staff was a young fellow very attentive and lovely took our order. Soup first was lovely. Next my roast chicken arrived and with it my side which I choose mash potatoes. I was slightly annoyed as the roast chicken was served on mash potatoes therefore my side was not ate as I ordered mash! Would have made sense to inform me that the dish was served this way. Next my friends burger arrived which looked very black around the outside, as she turned it upside down the underside was blacker(burnt). A large table arrived keeping the waiter busy so we decided to make the most of what we had an let the staff know about the food at the end. Finally we informed the staff as he could see only the middle of the burger had been eatable and my mash had been untouched. So on paying which came to almost £30 with a drink each we did not get any discount on the bill, I would have been happy with a free drink taking from the bill so unfortunately I think I will give it a miss next time for lunch.

1  Thank Lvs2dine

Hi Thank you for your review I,m sorry you were disappointed on your visit
I will pass your review onto the head chef
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to post your review
we need all types of feedback to progress we do hope you return to our restaurant and we assure you that your next visit will be better.

Many thanks

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Called into Custom House after a visit to the peace bridge, the staff were friendly , the food and décor excellent , definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Took abou two hours to get two courses and when the hot starter arrived it was cold and that topped by cold main course. One of party asked for med. Rare stake and it arrived red rare. Asked for it to be cooked more and it came back just re heated. Would not be going back and wonder how this place got into wild Atlantic way recommended eating place.