Clarence House Guest House
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry(Derry)(Great Value!)
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
City Hotel(Derry)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This has to be the best guest house in Derry, it is even recommended by Charlie Landsboro, who has stayed here many times in the past. There is a bedroom called the Landsboro suite.High praise indeed, you will have a very good time here as the owner,Michael Slevin will do everything in his power to make sure you are comfortable.Clarence House is only a few hundred yards from the centre of town and the nightlife, there are a few shops in the immediate vicinity where you can stock up on the little things,such as cigarettes,papers,sweets etc; Meals are good and there quite a few good restaurants nearby if you fancy eating out.Visit sometime you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would say only one thing, the front of the building faces a fire station, so you might be wakened somenight with a siren, so book a back room. The best room in the house is the Charlie Landsboro suite which is at the front, but you have to see it, and stay in it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I spent two wonderful weeks at the Clarence House in May 2012 and was treated with true Irish hospitality. I slept in Room 6 on the third floor. My room was well decorated and very spacious with a nice LCD TV to catch up on BBC news at night. Michael Slevin, the innkeeper at Clarence House is a very kind man, he took very good care of me and my friends. Every morning I was welcomed to a HUGE Irish breakfast with every breakfast food I could imagine... The tea and coffee were so wonderful and the quality and choices could not be beat. The highlight of my day was to come down to breakfast, drink my coffee and listen to the radio Michael would play. Michael spent so much effort into my breakfast and cleaning my room (once in the morning and again around 5pm for turn down service). I was very impressed!

If you are looking for an authentic Irish experience with a great Irish breakfast, this is the place for you! If you are looking for white glove service and something similar to a Hilton... Then GO to a Hilton! The Clarence House is owned and operated by a homeowner, therefore, you are a guest in his home. Treat Michael with some respect, and he will do the same. I have nothing but great things to say about Michael. I would highly recommend to anyone staying in Derry to stay at The Clarence House. I look forward to staying there again on my next trip to Derry!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria K
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was lucky enough to stay in the Landsborough Suite at the Clarence House and I have to say, this has been one of the best experiences in a bed and breakfast I've ever had. The keep, Mr. Slevin is kind and humorous and will go out of his way to help when asked. Mr. Slevin prepares a full Irish breakfast every morning and cleans the rooms meticulously every day. He even took me and 3 other guests on a personal tour of the area, seeing a fort built in 300 B.C., Donegal and a lovely island called Inch Island. The accommodations are well kept and clean and absolutely stunning in the way they're set up. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: The Landsborough Suite is absolutely lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank StephaneeB
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our trip overseas was 99% pre-planned. The only night we left open was when we eventually landed in Derry. The wonderful lady at tourist info told us there was a huge jazz festival on, plus a bank holiday weekend,and tried her best to find us accommodations. She succeeded finding the four of us rooms at Clarence House. It's a beautiful, old Victorian guest house. We found the rooms clean, and what can we say about Michael? He certainly entertained and welcomed us warmly. We have absolutely no complaints.

Room Tip: On street parking and reasonable walking distance to restaurants. Even the uphill climb walking back wasn't too bad.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I came to Ireland with a study abroad and we stayed at the Clarence House. I cannot believe ow overwhelmingly wonderful the inn keeper is. Every morning he cooks a full hot breakfast complete with multiple types of meat and eggs along with pastries and homemade porridge (the best)!! There is a bar downstairs, and the rooms are clean and quaint. I had my own bathroom with wonderfully hot water in the shower. The bed was comfortable, and the room servicing was fantastic. Every day my shoes were lined up neatly and my jackets hung up. If I come back to Derry/Northern Ireland, this is the only place I would stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business