The Belfray Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was by far the best wedding reception I have ever been to.We booked overnight accomodation Everything about The Belfry was exceptional, the food,the accomodation,the service and all the staff on duty.I must give a special thanks to the door staff who were courteous and helpful.
A great big thank you to both owners may your business continue as I and many friends will be there again.

Room Tip: The bridal suite will delight any bride.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JamellaDerry

Reviewed 21 August 2012

After a scenic route from Belfast Airport along the coast to the Belfray Country Inn we arrived tired and hungry and got a very welcoming reception from the front desk. The room was wonderfully large,nicely furnished and had a huge very comfortable bed which I immediately described as "sumptious". There was plenty of hanging space and plenty of coat hangers. The only let downs were the shower, it was more of a trickle than a shower and went hot and cold which was surprising, and the view, or rather, the lack of as we looked onto a flat roof and a wall. The rolling hills and nice views were on the other side of the corridor.
The Belfray Inn is a popular spot for weddings (which is what we came for) and the food, music, service and decorations could not be faulted in any way. The food was very tasty considering the amount of people they had to prepare for and it was still hot when it came to the table, not always given at such large functions. We also ate at their restaurant the evening of our arrival and the food was good, portions adequate and prices reasonable. The draft Guinness really does taste different! The Belfray is on a main road just outside Derry and within easy reach of other main roads that lead to the coast or inland so whereever you want to go is easy to find.
Would stay there again if we ever had occasion to travel to Derry in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get the room with no view. I think it was Room 105.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BB22
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was at a wedding on 5 july 2012 in the belfreay.
Was very happy with first impression, has that country inn look about it.
While waiting to move in to dinning area was not impresed with bar area we were put into
to small but a small hitch. Hope you will recItify that if you do renovation.
Lay out of dinning hall excellent Bride and Groom sitting down while rest of guests looked
down on them very well planned.
Servic and staff excellent food excellent 10/10.
Stayed that night room excellent 10/10
Breakfast fresh and well cooked compement to chef.
Definitely lives up to is reputation.
View from back of hotel breathtaken especaly when sun is going down.
Will be back again for a meal.
I have to doff my cap to the oweners Brian and john and his fantastac staff.
Overall impression 10/10 plus absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: Just read the reviews all true and honest.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brian b
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I stayed between the 11th and 18th July 2012 and we were not disappointed it lived up to all the 5 star ratings on this site. As well as eating in the Bistro during our stay we also attended a family Birthday for my sister in law on the Saturday evening and a family lunch in the Ballroom on the Sunday and everything from the staff to the quantity and quality of the food was excellent. Credit to Brian and John for a first class establishment.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was recently a guest at my cousins wedding at The Belfray Country Inn, Drumahoe. In all my life I have never enjoyed a wedding so much, the staff were ever helpful, nothing was a bother to them, their mannerism was outstanding. All praise to their manageress Geraldine and her fantastic team. The day certainly was a special occasion, not only for the Bride and Groom. The owners Brian and John made each and every one of us feel special. I'm 54 years young and have never had such a wonderful fun packed day, the entertainment (cabaret) was awe inspiring, the service fantastic and the meal was by far the best I have ever had at a wedding, the sound system and the lighting have to be seen to be believed. I know that I will be booking my own family occasions with The Belfray Country Inn. Hats off to you all and thank you for making the wedding a memorable one.

Room Tip: All rooms are located perfectly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brendan G
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I would just like to say that The Belfray County Inn is the best hotel in the North West. Me & my husband just want to say how all the staff made our wedding evening reception an amazing one!!! Brian, John, Geraldine & all the staff you made sure me, my hubby & all our guests had a fantastic evening we will not forget. The service & professional standard of this hotel is the best & the food was just delicious....our guests raved about the food & the atmosphere was just brill. The personal attention, care & professionalism we got was superb. The honeymoon suite was perfect and well catered for. I would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion especially any bride&grooms to be...just perfect!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charlene D
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had the chance to stay at The Belfray Country Inn in our most recent trip to Ireland. We just wanted to write and say thanks to Siobhan, the front desk manager. She absolutely went out of her way to be helpful to us in terms of directions, accommodations and even helping us book our reservation for a B and B down near the Dublin airport. She truly enhanced our trip to Ireland with her friendliness, helpfulness and eagerness to help. We are so thankful to her.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple