“excellent”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Derry
derry
“excellent”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

my sister got married in the belfray friday the 30th august. as a family of 6 girls me being the oldest,and not takin anything away from the rest of the girls and they agree,the attention everyone was shown especially the bridal party was amazing. Brian the owner was full hands on, to me it should be upgraded to 5star

Room Tip: didnt look for facilities my kindle is playing up i cant fault brian daphne or anyone of his staff...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Derry
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Were do I start??? Well attended a wedding last week at the Belfray and from start to end it was faultless. Brian, the owner was hosting theb wedding and he was a scream so funny and got the crowd going, although funny he was so professional and a perfectionist in co-ordinating his wedding team. He is such a darling, if I had attended a wedding here prior to my own I definately would have booked this venue - 4 star but should be a 5 star!!!!.

Food - We had a 5 course meal and I have to say its the nicest food I have ever tasted, nicer than any other wedding I have been to including my own!!!

Breakfast was served until 10 am, which was a little too early, but well worth getting up for, they offered all usual; cereals, yogurts, juices, hot food but my favourite was the french cinnamon swirls covered in icing and extra large croissants.

Service - The service and hospitality from all the Staff at the Belfray was outstanding nothing was a bother to them. They were all very professional.

Decor/Rooms - The decor was so luxurious; there were no corners cut or expense spared when decorating this venue. It was the nicest 4 star hotel I have ever been in, it is designed like a 5 star with all the luxurious heavy pelmets and curtains, expensive wallpaper, gorgeous velvet chairs, enormous crystal chandeliers, thick woolen carpet, etc. We stayed in a standard room and it was beautiful; with rich gold heavy curtains and gold carpet the bed was so comfortable I would have loved to have stayed an extra night.

We are visiting the Belfray again at the start of October for the Gala night and I cant wait. I am also in the process of chatting my boss into booking it for our Christmas party.

Thank you so much to Brian and all your wonderful staff for making this wedding an unforgetable day x

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for a wedding last year what can I say it's beautiful the food was gorgeous the staff were very nice and the two fellas that run it just treat u like one of the family beautiful location for a wedding reception

• Stayed September 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in the Belfray Country Inn for 1 night. This was our 1st visit to the Belfray and will definitely not be our last.

While the outside is nice enough, bright and clean, it is only when you walk into the Belfray that you really appreciate the surroundings. Everything is of good quality and professionally and elegantly decorated. A lot of money has been spent to get this high standard of finish.

We stayed on a Monday night so it was not over crowded but there were plenty of people about.

From we arrived on Monday afternoon until we left on Tuesday mid morning, the service we received was outstanding.
We enjoyed a beautiful meal in the bistro from the dinner menu for residents. This is a great package (BB+EM) and the menu was extensive enough to suit most people. The food was of the highest standard, but not fine dining which I hate, and the portions were plentiful, which I love. We also saw customers having the carvery when we arrived on Monday afternoon and it looked excellent both in quantity and value. We intend to try the carvery in the near future.

Our room was beautiful with good quality fixtures and fittings and the most comfortable king sized bed we have every had in any hotel, ever, and this is our 6th hotel stay in 2013 so far.
Breakfast the next morning was of the same high standard as dinner, with a good selection of cereal and fruits etc and all the usual cooked options. Best full cooked breakfast also.

Service and staff. I have left this to last as I feel it requires to be highlighted. From the receptionist, room attendants, bar men and in particular the restaurant and breakfast staff, are without doubt the Belfray's greatest asset. Well dressed, polite, efficient, and obviously well trained and their respective jobs. A nice thing to see was the staff wearing white gloves when they reset the dining tables and the carvery servers cleaning the serving area spotless after the carvery had ended. Obviously hygiene is of great importance to all concerned. No rushing about when busy and their standard never drops.
Well done to the management in setting the standards and employing great staff to deliver.

We are a well travelled middle aged couple who like decent quality, decent value, and decent service for our money. Pound for pound the Belfray is without doubt the best value place we have EVER stayed and dined in. We have paid a lot more for a lot less in other establishments in Ireland, the UK, and abroad.

Well done to the owners of the Belfray and maybe the owners of other hotels should pay the Belfray a visit to see how a good hotel should be ran with the customers being the most important part of any striving business. I can see the Belfray being around for a long time with repeat customers happy to spread the word.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vfr800061
belfray, Owner at The Belfray Country Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
thank you so much for your detailed review -we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us -we ook forard to welcoming you back in the near future
regards
john-brian and the team
Derry City
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I attended my brother's wedding reception in the Belfray Country Inn in mid-August 2013. I've been to this establishment a few times before and never disappointed and this time was no exception. The decor, the staff, the food was all top class. However the icing on the cake (no pun intended) was the work done by Brian, the co-owner. He acted as MC during the event, introducing guests and speakers, and even poking good-natured fun at some of them. He was funny, original and unique..he helped make the day even better. He payed homage to his own serving staff, which was deserved. I thought the drink prices would be the usual hotel rip-off standards but was surprised at how close they were to city pub prices. I didn't like some of the menu selections for starter and dessert (I'm a very fussy eater) but the kind staff suggested alternatives, which were not on the set menu and got them for me, they were delicious...top marks for doing this! To sum it up...you can't go far wrong choosing this Hotel for a wedding reception, or anything else that you may need to celebrate.This place is simply excellent!

1 Thank Derrytraveller
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the Belfray with our 7 year old child for a few nights and we had a wonderful time. From the time we arrived until we left the staff were fantastic. Service in the bistro and at breakfast was top class. Food was delicious and the menus were varied and catered for everyone. Rooms were spotless and very comfortable. We will certainly be back.

2 Thank CMoy D
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

From start to finish the staff were very accommodating and professional, we were made very welcome and the meal was first class. We then went into the lounge and enjoyed bopping the night away. My mum and dad had a fantastic night.. Will definitely be back again and would highly recommend The Belfray Country Inn......