“Naomi & Liam's Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Roscommon
“Naomi & Liam's Wedding”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Visited the Belfray for a wedding and it was absolutely amazing. The room for the civil ceremony was breathtaking when I walked in. It was used again for the meal and reception and it was like something out of a fairytale book. The host (owner of hotel) was funny and got the crowd going for what was a lively and enjoyable night. The food was excellent and the rooms were lovely. Couldn't fault a thing. Would recommend it to anyone for any reason!

Room Tip: I haven't rated the sleep quality, fitness centre or swimming pool as I did not stay over.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Portglenone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My son went to university in Derry a few weeks ago so we called into the Belfray for something to eat, the service was excellent food fantastic so much so we returned tonight for our 2nd visit. Needless to say we were not disappointed. The food was even better(if that was really possible) with service second to none.
While waiting on my husband and son as they parked There cars I was shown to our table. I happen to mention to the lady who took my drinks order that we we're suppose to come last weekend as it was my birthday but due to circumstances we'd had to put it off. After an exquisite meal the staff arrived with a beautifully decorated plate and desert with happy birthday and sparkler complete. It was such a pleasant thoughtful surprise. The extra mile the staff are prepared to go to make you feel special , very welcoming and appreciated. Thanks Nicola and the staff at the Belfray.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Coleen G
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Upon arrival myself and my sister both had a bite to eat, and from here on and the standard was set and maintained throughout. The food was exquisite! I have never tasted food like this, this is coming from someone who eats out at least 3 times a week. I will now move onto the accommodation, we had a full bridal and wedding party booked into the accommodation, and I have not heard of one complaint, the rooms were absolutely fantastic, and of a very high quality at a very affordable price. Moving onto the wedding, Brian, the owner and host for the day did an absolutely fantastic job and did The Belfray Country Inn and my mum and her newly-wed husband very very proud along with the waiting staff, bar staff, kitchen staff and other floor staff! The top table and all guests were treat like royalty for the full day, it was just mind blowing, the quality of service here is well worth a 5 star status, I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions, and I would personally like to thank all the staff for the hard work and effort that was put in on the day and preparation, I wouldn't have changed a thing .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MJB92
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We choose this hotel to base ourselves whilst travelling around the area. The staff are so friendly,helpful and most of all made our holiday most enjoyable. The food is excellent, the bedroom most spacious and has extremly comfortable beds. I would throughly recommend this establishment to my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nickwear1956
londonderry
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I had our reception here on August 15th, and I have to say it was amazing from start to finish. As someone already said, we were treated like royalty from the get go, as were all the guests.
I know I may be biased, but it’s the best wedding I’ve ever been at; and that goes for my wife too, along with the majority of our friends that day.
Brian and Geraldine were so accommodating throughout the entire event and they couldn’t do enough to keep everyone comfortable and entertained.
The food was absolutely gorgeous, so much so everyone we talked to after commented on just how delicious it was.
The reception area was sparkling clean and looked absolutely divine – fit for a king and queen.
I cannot fault this hotel on anything whatsoever, and I would strongly advise anyone who is thinking of tying the knot to consider this little gem of a place. You will NOT be disappointed.
Brian was so funny and friendly, and kept everyone amused throughout (I don’t know where he gets the energy), and Geraldine was equally considerate in making sure everyone had enough to eat and drink. All in all an amazing day in every way and everyone had such a great time.

Thank you so much to all the staff at The Belfry for making our special day absolutely perfect.
If I could give you 6 stars I would.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Visited Belfry for family lunch,10 adults and two children Excellent lunch,good selection of starters. Main course was carvery style,generous servings,lovely food. Desserts,again a very good selection and very nice.
Very friendly staff,great welcome from Gearldine ,the restaurant manger who call to the table after each course to ensure everything was as required. Very impressed

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have ate at the Belfray 4 times. 1 Excellent, 2 good and 1 Poor. The quantities are large so you may regret topping up with the sides. They fill up your plate so don't about going hungry. They have nice function rooms for hire as well.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family