“Very impressive hotel and excellent restaurant.”

The Belfray Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We've just returned from a stay at The Belfray Inn. I can't find the words to describe the welcome we received. We had a fabulous meal in the restaurant when we arrived. I was really impressed by the waiters wearing gloves when they served us our drinks and meals. I thought it was a special touch.
Our rooms were very comfortable especially the bed. I would highly recommend this hotel and especially the restaurant. We didn't find any faults and look forward to staying at The Belfray again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Hampshires
There are newer reviews for The Belfray Country Inn

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Do give this hotel a consider if you want a friendly, personal hotel with lots of extras. Food 1st class, hard to beat and lovely staff who genuine make you feel at home. Super value for money and the location just 3 miles outside the city is perfect for that get away of peace. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it shows.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank McIlwaine
Reviewed 26 October 2013

A lovely hotel with friendly staff whose customer care is warm and welcoming. Our bedroom was modern and immaculate with a large comfy bed and contemporary bathroom. We met friends for a meal in the restaurant and the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. The food was gorgeous and enjoyed by all of us. Thank you especially to Marty who looked after us all evening.
Thank you The Belfray.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Visited the Belfray for a wedding and it was absolutely amazing. The room for the civil ceremony was breathtaking when I walked in. It was used again for the meal and reception and it was like something out of a fairytale book. The host (owner of hotel) was funny and got the crowd going for what was a lively and enjoyable night. The food was excellent and the rooms were lovely. Couldn't fault a thing. Would recommend it to anyone for any reason!

Room Tip: I haven't rated the sleep quality, fitness centre or swimming pool as I did not stay over.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My son went to university in Derry a few weeks ago so we called into the Belfray for something to eat, the service was excellent food fantastic so much so we returned tonight for our 2nd visit. Needless to say we were not disappointed. The food was even better(if that was really possible) with service second to none.
While waiting on my husband and son as they parked There cars I was shown to our table. I happen to mention to the lady who took my drinks order that we we're suppose to come last weekend as it was my birthday but due to circumstances we'd had to put it off. After an exquisite meal the staff arrived with a beautifully decorated plate and desert with happy birthday and sparkler complete. It was such a pleasant thoughtful surprise. The extra mile the staff are prepared to go to make you feel special , very welcoming and appreciated. Thanks Nicola and the staff at the Belfray.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Coleen G
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Upon arrival myself and my sister both had a bite to eat, and from here on and the standard was set and maintained throughout. The food was exquisite! I have never tasted food like this, this is coming from someone who eats out at least 3 times a week. I will now move onto the accommodation, we had a full bridal and wedding party booked into the accommodation, and I have not heard of one complaint, the rooms were absolutely fantastic, and of a very high quality at a very affordable price. Moving onto the wedding, Brian, the owner and host for the day did an absolutely fantastic job and did The Belfray Country Inn and my mum and her newly-wed husband very very proud along with the waiting staff, bar staff, kitchen staff and other floor staff! The top table and all guests were treat like royalty for the full day, it was just mind blowing, the quality of service here is well worth a 5 star status, I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions, and I would personally like to thank all the staff for the hard work and effort that was put in on the day and preparation, I wouldn't have changed a thing .

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MJB92
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We choose this hotel to base ourselves whilst travelling around the area. The staff are so friendly,helpful and most of all made our holiday most enjoyable. The food is excellent, the bedroom most spacious and has extremly comfortable beds. I would throughly recommend this establishment to my friends.

1  Thank nickwear1956