“Moving”

and up
Bloody Sunday and Bogside Murals Private Walking Tour
Ranked #12 of 140 things to do in Derry
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It was good to take time out to see this memorial, it left an impression on me but I also felt the peoples resolve for justice. The majority that were killed were unarmed and running away or helping someone that was injured, and just like most atrocities, the government got away with it in the end. I'm glad it warrants a star system on this site....it gives you notice that this is something you should see, learn about, experience and respect....it's important--- and gives those of us that didn't know an opportunity to understand the "Troubles" of a time, not so long ago. I had no idea.
Worth a trip.

1  Thank boo2U

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Helps to gain a perspective of the "Troubles". Need a god guide in order to understand what happened and why things are still not really settled

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Have just visited Derry for the first time and I must say that the Bogside has left a lasting impression. Living in Australia, the troubles were far away and something we saw on TV. Yet the impact of the Bloody Sunday Memorial, the murals and the city walls will stay with me for a long time. This was totally unexpected and I am still moved as I look at my recent photos.

1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The memorials erected to such a sad time are reminders that if not careful history can repeat its self. I was honored to be able to witness these sights first hand and to be able to see them with my family.

1  Thank Marilyn N
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This brings the history home to you. Go and remember them, and hope that things will continue to be better.

1  Thank LynnParsley