“We will always remember our visit to see these murals.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Republican Murals: 68-96
Ranked #87 of 138 things to do in Derry
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

My sister and I visited Derry early on a Sunday morning in November, 2012. We were overwhelmed by the murals and the very sad reason for their existence. The fact that it was Nov. and very early on a Sunday morning we encountered no problems with traffic and parking. After walking in the Bogside we walked the very short distance to the old city wall which has the claim as the oldest intact walled city in Europe. We walked the whole wall which I believe is only about 1 mile. From the wall one can see not only the original city within the walls but also the entire city which has grown to form the City of Derry. The people of Derry were very friendly and helpful. When we asked a couple for directions they offered to walk with us so we wouldn't get lost. We refused as they we going in the opposite direction but appreciated the thought. Gerry from Derry also was very kind by spending time giving us special insight of this special city. This was my third trip to Ireland and my sister's fourth. She said Derry was her favorite stop on our trip. There is a lot if history here. I wish I had read more about Derry before our trip. We probably would have allotted more time here if I had.

2  Thank Peggyh1015