“False advertising on Website, Rude Service and Water-logged Sauces.”

Chilli's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 194 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This evening, I made the unfortunate decision to try our local restaurant 'Chilli's'.

As with every restaurant I frequent, I checked the website - where I downloaded the only available 'Take away Menu'. I calculated the cost, and I then rang to order. I placed my order and asked for the total cost, which was, to my surprise, 20 percent higher than the total I had accumulated.

I questioned this and was told- I was 'looking at the old menu' - I refuted that this was the only available menu, at which time I was rudely told that the prices had changed ( a 20% hike), and they had not updated there website. I asked to speak to the manager, and I was informed it was with him I was already speaking. I was asked 'did I want to order or what?' at which point the so called manager of this establishment hung up the phone.

As the other local take-away's were closed at this point, my partner rang and placed our order. We paid the inflated price and collected our food. My partner and I are both lover's of Indian Cuisine, and it was with sincere dismay that we attempted to eat our meal. Despite the hefty cost, the Tikka Masala and the Korma we ordered were tasteless and water-based. The nan bread was dough, severely undercook and stone cold. The rice was also completely water-logged.

Without doubt I can attest this was my worst food experience to date, notwithstanding the false advertisement on prices and the unceremoniously rude reception the 'Manager' provides for paying customers. I should imagine that in these difficult economic times, where restaurants are struggling to survive, one which treats its customers with such contempt should not wish to remain in trading much longer.

4  Thank thomasina810

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Yet again a great meal, friendly, good service. The best Indian restaurant in the area in my opinion. You need to try it.

2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Have eaten here loads of times over the years, last time was early December 2013. Was in on Thursday night, it was quiet, just ourselves and 2 other tables. 1 or 2 other Indian restaurants have opened in town so I imagine they have hit the trade of Chilli's but 1 of the other 2 also does Italian food while the other though Indian seems marketed towards the 'tobacco onion' crowd. Chilli's is the only true authentic Indian in Derry in my opinion. Restaurant is nice inside, tastefully decorated, good to see they have changed the chairs to something more stylish. Indian music playing over the sound system etc. Food excellent as usual, very fresh and tasty and good portions. You can ask for a 'doggie bag' if you don't finish it all. Their mixed platter for 2 to share as a starter is recommended. They have Cobra on draught which is a plus. On night we where in only 1 waiter on the floor and he did the till as well so I imagine it would be hairy if they got unexpectedly busy! On main road so parking can be tricky, park round the side in Frank Longs supermarket car park if you can or across the road in Sainsburys.

3  Thank ruairiglenn
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've been here 3 times in just over a week... this has been the best Indian Restaurant I've been to ever. It is delicious and I've had nothing that I've thought of as just alright.. everything has been FANTASTIC. Will be back!!

2  Thank Jonny M
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Absolutely amazing!!! Can't rate highly enough, food wonderful, service great. Best Indian meals I've ever had!!!!!

1  Thank Linda M