“Great Authentic Indian Food”

Chilli's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 194 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a fantastic small family run business. The staff provide exceptional service and cater highly to your needs as nothing is too much trouble. They can recommend dishes to suite your taste buds and make the sauces mild, medium or hot depending on what you like. The food is always freshly prepared and the portions are large. The desserts are very simple such as ice cream but they do not have a great selection of desserts to choose from.

5  Thank Anne Marie Q

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Chili's is a great place to visit for an authentic Indian meal. The restaurant itself is nothing special in terms of decor but it is a family run establishment and what it lacks in style it definitely makes up for in substance. It's great ordering a range of tasty dishes that can be shared by everyone so that you get to sample as many things as possible!! The dishes taste so fresh and have so much depth of flavour. This is a restaurant that many may miss in Derry but it is definitely my favourite and I would highly recommend it. Staff are very helpful and there is a good range of Asian beers to complete the experience

2  Thank JoanneMcD79
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had the Chicken Tikka and the Chicken Korma (with naan, rice and chapati) for delivery on two separate nights recently. I agree with a previous reviewer that the sauce was a bit watery, however the meal was delicious, and I would gladly order from them again.

3  Thank MtlTeadrinker
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We have dined in only once but have had several takeaways over the last couple of years. I'm always surprised it's so under used. The restaurant is rarely busy which frankly puts me off eating in as there's no real atmosphere, but if you were a large enough party you'd create your own. The food is fab and fresh; an order can take a bit of time but is well worth the wait. We've had food from Saffron too & whilst it's premises are modern & more appealing to dine in & the food is good too but just not as good as Chilli's (in my opinion).

2  Thank AJayneFarrell
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This evening, I made the unfortunate decision to try our local restaurant 'Chilli's'.

As with every restaurant I frequent, I checked the website - where I downloaded the only available 'Take away Menu'. I calculated the cost, and I then rang to order. I placed my order and asked for the total cost, which was, to my surprise, 20 percent higher than the total I had accumulated.

I questioned this and was told- I was 'looking at the old menu' - I refuted that this was the only available menu, at which time I was rudely told that the prices had changed ( a 20% hike), and they had not updated there website. I asked to speak to the manager, and I was informed it was with him I was already speaking. I was asked 'did I want to order or what?' at which point the so called manager of this establishment hung up the phone.

As the other local take-away's were closed at this point, my partner rang and placed our order. We paid the inflated price and collected our food. My partner and I are both lover's of Indian Cuisine, and it was with sincere dismay that we attempted to eat our meal. Despite the hefty cost, the Tikka Masala and the Korma we ordered were tasteless and water-based. The nan bread was dough, severely undercook and stone cold. The rice was also completely water-logged.

Without doubt I can attest this was my worst food experience to date, notwithstanding the false advertisement on prices and the unceremoniously rude reception the 'Manager' provides for paying customers. I should imagine that in these difficult economic times, where restaurants are struggling to survive, one which treats its customers with such contempt should not wish to remain in trading much longer.

4  Thank thomasina810