“Gone but not forgotten.”
Review of Maiden Heaven - CLOSED

Maiden Heaven
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Londonderry
“Gone but not forgotten.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was probably the best ice cream parlour in the city. The ice cream was made on the premises daily with some very innovative flavours. The decor was fresh and bright and the range of food was fantastic.

Sadly the shop has now closed. Hopefully the owner will reopen again sometime soon.

• Visited August 2013

Donegal Town, Ireland
“"Delcious ice cream "”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Well what can i say i think the name says it all!! I was in the city of Derry with my wife and family just walking around when one of my kids said "oh daddy look an ice cream shop" ..... Well from the front it looked fantastic something you would see in Italy so we had to try. Inside it was even better i have never seen anything as nice everything about it the decor the cleanliness and the staff were so so friendly so we all had ice cream and crepes and my wife had the ice cream cake it was unreal. I saw a gentleman going from table to table having a we chat and a wise crack with people it turned out to be the owner he introduced himself to us as we sat out side just chilling watching the world go by we all really enjoyed or trip to Maiden Heaven and will def be back next week end with the kids .

• Visited September 2013
“Heavenly”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Regular visitor to this beautiful ice cream parlour a definite must go when visiting the city, ice cream and coffee 2 die for ;-) The staff are so friendly and efficient, my kids love it. I love the decor around the parlour, especially the CHANDELIER!!

• Visited September 2013
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Not what we expected! Over rated!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We went here because they had such high rating! We were a bit disappointed! The ice cream was nice but not as great as we expected! I personally think they could put more of the flavourings through the ice cream! They look amazing on display but didnt taste as good as they looked, the mint choc didnt have enough choc chips but the display made it look like it had loads! Nice shop and display, nice ice cream but not great!

• Visited August 2013
new jersey
“Truly Made in Heaven!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Just wanted to add another glowing review to the list. My husband and I and two other couples stopped here one afternoon after a morning stroll with our CIE Tour. I had read reviews on TA and wanted to see for myself. We are all ice cream lovers and were NOT disappointed! I had my favorite chocolate chip mint and my husband had orange chocolate - DELICIOUS! My friend raved about her raspberry white chocolate and everyone else was very satisfied. Yes, it is a little pricey but worth every penny. The next morning, we decided to take a little walk after breakfast before boarding our bus to leave and we happened to meet a nice gentleman who asked us about our trip and impressions of Derry. He also asked us if we had visited any restaurants and we told him about our visit to the ice cream store. He seemed very pleased as it turns out, he was the owner!! He invited us in for coffee, yogurt or fresh fruit (as it was very early in the morning) but as we had just come from a large breakfast we could not oblige and thanked him for the invitation. We knew that we had met many nice people in Ireland and now, we just added another one to our long list! Try Maiden Heaven, you will love it!

• Visited July 2013