“what a treat!!!”

Ranked #20 of 208 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bentley Bar is situated on Market Street in the heart of the City. For one of the best pub food experiences in Northern Ireland The Bentley Bar commits itself to good food and customer service.With live music every night of the week and only a 30 second walk from the Millenium Forum The Bentley Bar is the perfect place for your pre-theatre drinks. Visit us and take take advantage of our pre-theatre drink promotions.As well as our award winning pub grub we now offer evening meals in our all new restaurant the bentley steakhouse. So if you missed our lunchtime specials, call in and try some high quality restaurant food and extensive cocktail menu.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Travelled to derry on 5th of march from coventry for my birthday to suprise my family. My suprise was to be taken for a birthday meal. Non of us had been to the Bentley for a meal before but WOW cant wait to go again!!! We all ordered something different from the menu and had a taste of each others beautiful food. Never tried tobacco onions before? I suggest you do!!

105DanM, Manager at The Bentley Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We're really chuffed you enjoyed your birthday meal! Thanks so much for the great review! We always appreciate customers comments and will just keep trying to improve the experience before the next time you decide to visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I went to the Bentley with a group of Friends.
The restaurant has the typical decor of a restaurant but the atmosphere of a bar. The music can be quite load when you are trying to have a conversation but the food is indeed excellent.
There is an excellent range to choose from on the menu and a budget to suit everyone.
The Staff are professional and attentive.
I would definitely go back

Thanks so much for your kind review of the Bentley, We're really glad you enjoyed your visit and that you liked the food, we always strive to provide an enjoyable atmosphere, and will take your comments about the music into consideration.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was one of a group of seven who had lunch in the Bentley in late February 2014. I eat out regularly across a number of restaurants and I was very pleased with my eating experience in the Bentley. Our group had a variety of meals and the first thing I noticed was that every plate was cleared - the food was very good indeed. I had a pint of guinness which was also top class. Service was also very friendly and the costs was fairly cheap. The only negative I say was that because the Bentley is located on a steep hill, it required me to climb lots of steps in order to get to the dining area. Its location is right beside the Millenium Forum, the Derry Walls, Saint Columbs Cathedral, Foyleside and Richmond. If you are visiting Derry, the Bentley is well worth a visit.

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to The Bentley Bar, we always strive to provide top class food, entertainment and drinks for our customers, Unfortunately the city is built on a hill :P but we do apologise if the bar was at all difficult to find or reach. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a group of 24 at dinner on our trip to Derry.
We were sat in three groups of 8 in the restaurant, from the time of our arrival, our glasses were never empty which was great considering the size of our group.
The food was amazing, great varied menu which catered for all tastes.
The staff were very friendly, always smiling and happy to help with any questions.
They brought a cake out for one of our group as it was his birthday which was a very nice touch.

Would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant - wonderful experience.

When we return to Derry, we'll be sure to return.

Dan M, General Manager at The Bentley Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Great to hear such positive feedback Phil1007. We aim to please. Hope to see you again

Thanks

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends after hearing great things about it, was not dissappointed. The food was lovely and the staff friendly and helpful. Will be back.

Dan M, Manager at The Bentley Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thanks ajm1203, Glad you enjoyed your visit.