City Hotel
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry(Derry)(Great Value!)
US$182
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
2,182 results
All reviewspeace bridgeseventh floorriver viewcar parktrouser pressguild hallsuperior roomleisure facilitiessteam roomcentral locationexcellent hotelcourse mealsaturday nightreception staffboth nightsjazz festivalweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We chanced upon the City Hotel, as it was the first place we stopped. First thing you notice is that the bar is full of locals, which is a very good sign. The food looked tasty and I immediately started chatting to a group of Ulster Rugby Union referees who were having their annual dinner in the Hotel. The Hotel was also near capacity and we were lucky to get a room in the end.
Very central and yet very quiet in the rooms. Our window looked out over the river from the 6th floor.
We woke the next morning and had a good old steam bath and Jacuzzi.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: High Up and facing the river
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Bigspottedcat,
Thank you for your review, and the recommendation, we hope you will return soon, keep an eye out for any upcoming offers through the year.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Last night I was in the City Hotel for a family party and after a very enjoyable evening, unfortunately an accident occurred. I would just like to express my gratitude for the way in which the staff dealt with the situation. I felt they went over and above the call of duty to ensure the incident was dealt with efficiently, and I felt that the staff were genuinely concerned for the lady's welfare. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Eibhlin C,
Thank you for your review, and for choosing us for your family party, I do hope a full recovery has been made, and can I just say the lady in question was a pleasure to help, never lost her smile, and I trust she is doing well; we are pleased we were there to help.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

went for a conference and it was enjoyable. It was a smallish conference so it was a good fit. The location is great as it is a 2 minute walk from the bus station.

the lunches at the conference were excellent and I had a problem at breakfast was expecting a conference call which then got put back so I thought I would be too late for breakfast and I hadn't booked room service - when I phoned down they sent be a full Irish Breakfast up! other hotels would have said I was too late.

the rooms were a little dark though - could do with brighter bulbs

all the staff are very helpful - it gets very busy at the weekend with weekend breakers

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Philip G,
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear the staff were able to help with your breakfast requirements, and hope this help add to your stay.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I will start with the positives. The entire staff is polite and helpful. The hotel is perfectly located to explore the city. Overall the room was clean. The breakfast selection was diverse.

The cons... The shower was a joke. Only a small trickle of water comes out. The hair dryer in the room barely works. There is a lot of noise since you are on a busy round about. The bed and pillows were like sleeping on a slab of concrete with bricks for your head.

Parking was fine for us but there are about 20 spots only. Overall I did not care for this hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Imperial_Eli,
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear the location and staff impressed, we thank you for all your comments on room issues and I’ve passed these on to the management team for resolution.

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the City Hotel in early April 2013. Firstly, we parked for free in the underground car park directly underneath reception so, with their being a lift, no dragging cases for miles. The receptionist was efficient, very friendly and welcoming. Our room was large, clean and well appointed and with a great view over the River Foyle (even better at night).

Food in the restaurant was brilliant, and again came with friendly service. The staff simply can't do enough for you, but more than that, they have a genuineness in how they go about it, those smiles aren't fake.

The location could not be better, seconds walk to the shops and restaurants on the city side and with the new pedestrian "Peace Bridge" just yards away, a nice walk to the Waterside and St. Columb's park to work off the breakfast.

This was my second stay at the City Hotel. The first time being several years ago, it was good the first time but what a difference a few years makes, it didn't feel like the same place.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Vincenze
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Vincenze,
Thank you for your review, we also thank you for making a return visit and taking the time to post your experiences and comments on how we have improved, we do hope your next stay will be as “brilliant”.