City Hotel
US$170
US$120
Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast(Derry)(Great Value!)
US$99
Orbitz.com
US$167
US$118
Priceline
Groarty House & Manor B&B(Derry)(Great Value!)
US$81
City Centre B&B(Derry)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
US$98
US$94
2,200 results
All reviewspeace bridgeseventh floorriver viewcar parktrouser pressguild hallsuperior roomleisure facilitiessteam roomcentral locationexcellent hotelcourse mealsaturday nightreception staffboth nightsjazz festivalweekend break
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm here in Derry on business for the nest 10 weeks and our company use the hotel, I haven't used all the facilities as of yet as it's day 3 of week 1, but so far I have nothing but praise for this hotel, the staff are lovely, attentive and extremely friendly. The food every night has been lovely, the menus has a lot of variety. As much as I would be liking just some normal food I'm sure if I ask the staff they may be able to provide this assistance. Nothing is too much for them. The receptionists are friendly and happy to help with all details needed, sent a postcard back home and the girls offered to send it for me for 61p, which is reasonable mad extremely helpful. I, staying in a room over looking the peace bridge and I have to say its breath taking, considering it's on a busy road, there's hardly any noise.

The rooms are standard but give me everything I need, a desk to conduct my reports, a table to put all my things as well as a dressing table.

TV is easy to use for background noise.

Bathroom is lovely, water has been boiling hot regardless when I'm running a bath or having a shower, towels are presented pleasantly. Very happy with service.

Eaten both at the restaurant as well as having room service, food lovely every time.

Local tesco takes 2 minutes to get to for all your bits & bobs.

Only fault I have with the room is that to create my double bed there's 2 beds pushed together, and they are at different levels, only thing I would improve.

Oh and there's no sockets by the bed to charge both my phone & iPad so I can work in bed.

Looming forward to the rest of my stay and using the other facilities :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Catrin P
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Catrin P
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you will be staying with us for a while, I have arranged to have a multiple socket extension for your electrical needs and a regular double bed sorted for your next arrival, thank you for letting us know how we can help make your next few weeks more pleasurable

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and i stayed in the City hotel for one night as we were celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. upon arrival at the hotel reception we were greeted by 2 receptionists both called laura they were very friendly, courteous, and professional. When we went to our room we were totally amazed, we were given a corner suite room 618, Amazing! the views were beautiful (especially at night). I then went to use the fitness suite, i did not use the gym but i noticed that it was well fitted out with modern fitness equipment. I chose not use the swimming pool as a bathing cap had to be worn (available for sale at fitness reception) i was happy to use the Jacuzzi and steam room. later on we went to the hotel restaurant and had a lovely meal, the waiting staff were very attentive. We both slept very well in a very large comfortable bed, we had breakfast delivered to out room the only thing that i could fault on the breakfast was the bacon was a little bit dry. I do have to say that the City hotel is in my home city, i have never stayed in the City hotel before before so this review is not biased i am reviewing it honestly. This hotel is only one of the many hotels or b&bs in Derry so no mater where you decide to stay in Derry I'm sure a warm welcome awaits you! There are many things to do and see while you visit Derry, also should you require a taxi while you stay in Derry use city cabs tel: 02871264466.

Room Tip: I had to give the rooms a rating of 4 because i didn't see what the other hotel rooms were like. Our suite easily gets a rating of 5 so try to get a corner suite if possible you might pay a little bit more but it will be worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aphantom67

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had a lovely anniversary, hopefully we will see you next year.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently attended at a wedding in the City Hotel in Derry and can say that the hotel was wonderful, food great staff excellent. Derry really is a beautiful city. Get out and explore the city the people of Derry are so friendly.

1  Thank aedwards4
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you and your party enjoyed the wedding and the hotel and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Other than a wonderful location there is nothing "special" about this hotel. The entrance and lobby are rather uninviting and untidy. The reception area actually looks more like a lottery booth due to numerous posters, notices and pamphlet displays etc. The Hotel generally has a cheap feel. Our room was very large but sparsely furnished. The lighting was terrible- it seems that the smallest possible light bulbs were used in all fixtures. Face cloths were not provided. The bedding was thin- we ended up using two comforters on one bed as there were no extra blankets I the room.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear the location was to your liking but dissappointed you found the Hotel average, we aim to rectify any issue immediately if we are informed whatever it my be. Can i suggest that if there are any issues on your next visit we be informed so we may rectify.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying in the 7th floor with themed rooms linked to local landmarks and famous people. What a lovely idea! From our window we could see the Peace Bridge and the Guildhall building but despite being beside a busy road there was no traffic noise. We ate in the restaurant and found a good variety on the menu which was reasonably priced. The reception staff were very attentive and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We parked in the underground car park. This is a great spot for visiting the city.

1  Thank DRKellyBelfast

Dear DRKellyBelfast
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear everything exceeded your expectations and thank you for the kind words, we look forward to your return.