“A very enjoyable stay”

City Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Derry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked a penthouse room for one night with dinner and breakfast. On arrival we had been upgraded to the Hume Suite on the seventh floor. I would really recommend these rooms, definitely worth paying a little extra. Massive bathroom, big shower and separate jet bath. Nice living room and separate bedroom with a massive bed. Very quiet in these rooms which was great. No room service charge for food so had breakfast in the room, really enjoyed not having to rush down after a late night out.
We both thought the food was very good also in the restaurant. I would highly recommend staying here, make sure you get a room on the seventh floor.

• Stayed: June 2014
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay on our 7th floor collection of suites and appreciate you taking the time to post, we hope to be of service again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very happy with my stay in a executive room in city hotel, we stayed in the hotel on a Saturday evening as, there was live music & great atmosphere..thought breakfast was abit expensive next morning, I would go back again

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the location, can I suggest that next time you choose to visit to book a breakfast included rate or purchase on arrival to avail of the best rates.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

City hotel, London/Derry is perfectly situated. Behind the Guild Hall, train station has courtesy bus to bus station, hotel 200yds from bus station. Host of shopping complex as well as nicky nacky shops within easy reach.The Hotel is spacious and very comfortable. Staff are friendly and welcoming, food is excellent and very reasonable. Have been there 4 times in the last 2 yrs and will enjoy going again.Excellent value for money with stunning views over the Foyle Estuary and Peace Bridge

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the river
2  Thank Gerry C

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the continued custom, we take it as a compliment when a guest chooses to return time and time again. Thank you for posting.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Like many previous reviewers, my wife and I were also celebrating our wedding anniversary.
We choose the City Hotel due to the excellent reviews received and its central location. We were not disappointed. On arrival the reception staff could not have been more helpful and informed us that we had been upgraded to a junior suite to celebrate our anniversary. The lounge and bedroom have panoramic views of the City, River and Peace Bridge and when the lights come on in the evening you feel that THESE are views to remember. We took some beautiful photos.
We dined in the Hotel Restaurant and food was of a very high quality and reasonably priced. The wines choice was good and we could not fault the Rose on offer.

We had a wonderful stay in the City hotel and thank in particular Front office Manager Lynn, and her extremely helpful staff in making it also such a memorable one.

1  Thank DeltaDublin

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are pleased we could be of service for your wedding anniversary, I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Lynn also. Thank you for posting.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at the city hotel for my friends wedding last weekend what an amazing hotel we got upgraded to the penthouse which was absolutely beautiful staff were so helpful nothing was to much trouble ,the wedding was amazing the room was stunning will be coming back for another stay so we can have a look round derry and will be staying at the city hotel again thanks for making our stay and the wedding so amazing .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clare c

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm here in Derry on business for the nest 10 weeks and our company use the hotel, I haven't used all the facilities as of yet as it's day 3 of week 1, but so far I have nothing but praise for this hotel, the staff are lovely, attentive and extremely friendly. The food every night has been lovely, the menus has a lot of variety. As much as I would be liking just some normal food I'm sure if I ask the staff they may be able to provide this assistance. Nothing is too much for them. The receptionists are friendly and happy to help with all details needed, sent a postcard back home and the girls offered to send it for me for 61p, which is reasonable mad extremely helpful. I, staying in a room over looking the peace bridge and I have to say its breath taking, considering it's on a busy road, there's hardly any noise.

The rooms are standard but give me everything I need, a desk to conduct my reports, a table to put all my things as well as a dressing table.

TV is easy to use for background noise.

Bathroom is lovely, water has been boiling hot regardless when I'm running a bath or having a shower, towels are presented pleasantly. Very happy with service.

Eaten both at the restaurant as well as having room service, food lovely every time.

Local tesco takes 2 minutes to get to for all your bits & bobs.

Only fault I have with the room is that to create my double bed there's 2 beds pushed together, and they are at different levels, only thing I would improve.

Oh and there's no sockets by the bed to charge both my phone & iPad so I can work in bed.

Looming forward to the rest of my stay and using the other facilities :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Catrin P
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Catrin P
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you will be staying with us for a while, I have arranged to have a multiple socket extension for your electrical needs and a regular double bed sorted for your next arrival, thank you for letting us know how we can help make your next few weeks more pleasurable

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and i stayed in the City hotel for one night as we were celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. upon arrival at the hotel reception we were greeted by 2 receptionists both called laura they were very friendly, courteous, and professional. When we went to our room we were totally amazed, we were given a corner suite room 618, Amazing! the views were beautiful (especially at night). I then went to use the fitness suite, i did not use the gym but i noticed that it was well fitted out with modern fitness equipment. I chose not use the swimming pool as a bathing cap had to be worn (available for sale at fitness reception) i was happy to use the Jacuzzi and steam room. later on we went to the hotel restaurant and had a lovely meal, the waiting staff were very attentive. We both slept very well in a very large comfortable bed, we had breakfast delivered to out room the only thing that i could fault on the breakfast was the bacon was a little bit dry. I do have to say that the City hotel is in my home city, i have never stayed in the City hotel before before so this review is not biased i am reviewing it honestly. This hotel is only one of the many hotels or b&bs in Derry so no mater where you decide to stay in Derry I'm sure a warm welcome awaits you! There are many things to do and see while you visit Derry, also should you require a taxi while you stay in Derry use city cabs tel: 02871264466.

Room Tip: I had to give the rooms a rating of 4 because i didn't see what the other hotel rooms were like...
2  Thank aphantom67

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had a lovely anniversary, hopefully we will see you next year.