1,352 results
All reviewstower hotellyric barinside the city wallscar parkwithin the wallshen partyhotel barderry wallscentral locationreception stafftour groupexcellent hotelthe heart of the cityporridgefood was lovelypeace bridgewalking tour
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My boyfriend and I are only back from a stay here over valentines day. We purchased the Valentines day package which we truly cannot fault. The food was excellent, the rooms were very clean and the service was wonderful. We had great craic with many of the members of staff who very friendly and fun. They gave us great advice on the best nights out in Derry, and overall were all just lovely people. Cocktails in the bar were yummy and the entertainment was also good! Will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank KerryannMcG91
MaldronHotelDerry, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay .
Since you last stayed with us , we have undergone a bedroom refurbishment and we have re branded to Maldron Hotel.

We do hope we can welcome you back again soon,
Warm Regards,
Linda Folan,
General Manager.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed for one night here. I was very impressed from the minute we walked through the door. The reception staff were very welcoming. I judge everywhere on their toilets - clean toilets, clean kitchen and I have to say the place was spotless. I was even more happy when we checked into our room which was again spotless with added touches of swans and chocolates which was. lovely. We stayed for dinner which was fantastic. There were six of us including a veggie but the menu catered for all. I have to say the steak was great. The staff who served us were friendly and couldn't have done enough for us. We had a wonderful night in Derry and a great night sleep. Breakfast was to the same standard, everything you could ever ask for and again service was impeccable. We have stayed in 4 other hotels in Derry and would say the service here outshone all of them. We will be recommending and we will be back in the future. Thanks to the staff who served so well and the manager who spoke to us before we checked out - not sure of her name. Look forward to returning,

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul B
Hotelmanager2013, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear PaulB.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We are delighted your stay went well and the Tower Hotel suited your needs. I note you have said the service and staff were first class, we are here for our guests and to insure their needs are met and I am glad you were happy with the service during your stay, once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit the the Tower Hotel.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

our daughters bought us a weekend away in derry to celebrate our 25 anniversary we were so looking forward to it .when we got to hotel was impressed but then it went down hill from there . we went to our room it was like walking into a freezer.no atmosphere at all .went for our meal and asked if i could see a la carte menu as the dinner menu didnt suit me but my husband had the dinner menu .our daughters had paid for the whole package and i said didnt mind paying difference in the 2 menus we said it would probaly be around 10 pounds or so .got to end of meal and asked for bill as we had a couple of drinks .got the bill nearly died 38pounds 25 for my meal and the rest for drinks girl was adamint that it was right but i no she was wrong .would never stay there again whole weekend spoilt and a waste of money on my daughters behalf

3  Thank marie238

Dear Marie238

I am sorry I have had to contact you like this as I have attempted to address your comments several times with you but you will not reply to me.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I hosted a small conference of 8 delegates just before Christmas with dinner bed and breakfast, and the boardroom for the afternoon. An all around great experience from booking through to departure. Food was first class and service excellent. Highly reccomended venue for business or pleasure (returning shortly for the latter!)

Kieran (RMS Ireland)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kieran A

Hello Kieran A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that the hotel suited your needs and your conference went well. If we can be of further assistance to you in the future please contact any of our team and they will be happy to assist in any way they can.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went to Derry to see starlight express and stayed in the tower hotel.The hotel and staff are very nice.We had seafood chowder for lunch and sirloin steak for dinner both in the bar and was very good..When we came back from the show we sat in the lobby area a girl asked if we wanted a drink we asked if we could have sandwiches she said she would see,after a while she came back and told us the manager said we would have to take them in our room, as we were hungry we agreed, the reason for this was if we had eaten them in the lobby they could not have charged us the £5 tray charge a bit mean we thought .When they arrived they were poorly made 2/3 little pieces of chicken and a piece of lettuce no mayo or salad cream total price £15.00.We were disappointed we had to go to our room at 10.30 and could not eat in the lobby and had a few more drinks to finish of our evening in the city of culture.

Room Tip: Room looking over river
1  Thank ballymaguigan
Hotelmanager2013, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Ballymcguigan,

Thank you for posting your comments on the Tripadvisor web site. We are delighted to read you had a lovely stay and when you stayed with us as you were going to a production of starlight express in the Millennium Forum, We look forward to seeing you again soon.