1,352 results
All reviewstower hotellyric barinside the city wallscar parkwithin the wallshen partyhotel barderry wallscentral locationreception stafftour groupexcellent hotelthe heart of the cityporridgefood was lovelypeace bridgewalking tour
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with the size of our room in this hotel. Both the bedroom and bathroom had loads of space. It was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and prompt. We ordered room service and had breakfast at the hotel. This was the only disappointing part. The food was quite dry and tasteless. However, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013
MaldronHotelDerry, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay . Our entire team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand.
Since your last stay , we have had a refurbishment and we are now re branded to the Maldron Hotel.
We do hope we can welcome you back again soon ,

Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

A night in a city centre 4 star hotel for £70. ?

What more do you want?. Nice rooms, food in the bar was what you wanted and brekkie was a full Irish or continental choice

We had free parking and the location can't be beat

Plus well known rock stars, and a famous Irish musician and Hollywood music director were there so it must be good!!!

Primal Scream, Olympics 2012 and Oceans 11 anyone ?

Highly recommended and booked through booking. Com

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 2016-Paul

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay .
Since you last stayed with us , we have undergone a bedroom refurbishment and we have re branded to Maldron Hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I traveled to Derry in January to witness the finest city to still be within walls in UK, that includes Chester. The Hotel is almost part of the walls and views are spectacular especially from the gym, the size of rooms for the money £49 a night is top hole and the surroundings bar and staff were second to none, what a fantastic long weekend, cant wait to go back for the festivities for city of Culture in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed here over the St Paddys day weekend and although the hotel was full you never got the feeling of being crowded or rushed. The layout in the public areas is ideal with the bar and restaurant in separate closed off locations which means that the comfy sofas are available to enjoy for guests. Family room was an excellent size with double bed single and wee camp bed which wasn't bad quality - suited my 8 year old. Breakfast is fantastic. Kids both said sausages were brilliant ;-). All in all a great hotel, excellent location and helpful staff make this a place to want to go back to.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
We do hope we can welcome you back again soon ,

Reviewed 18 March 2013

we stayed in the tower march 2013 myself my husband and my granddaughter, the hotel is beautiful, spotless clean, great food, staff very helpful, friendly and bent over backwards to help you enjoy your stay. If you need any extra in your room as ie birthday, annaversary let the staff no and they will do something special for you. Breakfast is fantastic starting with cereal, porriage with fruit or whiskey, selection of breads and pasteries and an irish fry also fruits and yougarts. the music in the bar and the cocktails are outstanding. You couldnt be more central staying in this hotel with the shops a 2 min walk away and if you fancy a good pint of the black stuff go to the little pub tracys just round the corner. If i had anything negitave to say about this hotel it is just one tiny thing the parking is a problem but my husband is disabled and we have always got a parking space but it is limited. So this hotel also had toilets and baths for the disabled which was great so just let the staff know and you will get the best treatment. roll on august me and my husband have book this hotel again and we have booked it in october for holloween. would def come back again and again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family