“Never disappoint”

Maldron Hotel Derry
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Derry
“Never disappoint”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Myself and my husband have stayed at the Tower on several occasions and our experience was excellent every time. The food is beautiful, the hotel is immaculate and the staff are 2nd to none. For me it is probably 1 of the best hotels I have stayed at and certainly out rates many 5* hotels I have stayed at before. Will definitely be back again :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotelmanager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Nodrin81,

Thank you for your lovely review and for continuing to choose to stay at the Tower Hotel, we really appreciate your repeat custom and are so happy you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

my self and a group of 24 visited this great city again and stayed in the tower hotel, from the minute you arrive through the doors the staff are very friendly they make you feel welcome before you even have time to put your bags down,i think the girl behind the reception desk was kadie thank you for all your help also to Amanda Doherty who took the bookings the rooms are massive they are very,very clean and the beds are excellent for sleep after a hard day taken in the sights also thanks to the kitchen staff who make a wonderfull breakfast I honestsly cant see why people can find faults with this hotel we wouldn't as a party stay anywere else thank you. colin glasgow

Room Tip: ask for the 4th floor over looking the city great views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank colin p
Dear Colin P,

Thank you firstly for choosing the Tower Hotel and secondly for such a lovely review. I will pass your lovely compliments to our staff and we are delighted with your compliments We look forward to welcoming you back to your "home from home" :-)

Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I visited last week on 'The winter warmer' offer. The inclusive menu for this offer was limited, and the portions were small. I didn't think it was 4 star quality. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows of a very poor standard leading to a very poor sleep. We had breakfast delivered to the room, the bacon was practically burnt and the mushrooms looked like they were cooked 2 days ago. On a positive note, location is good & the staff were very friendly. The hotel was very clean and we had a lovely view from our 4th floor room. Having said that I believe I would'nt stay again unless the above complaints were corrected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony D
Dear Anthony D

Thank you firstly for choosing to stay with us at the Tower Hotel, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I have contacted you regarding these issues but have not heard back from you. These issues you have mentioned are not our standards and I would really like to speak with you about these as we have new mattresses in the hotel and also have great compliments about our breakfasts so I would really like to talk about your experience to see what went wrong during your stay and how we can rectify this. You can contact me direct on afitzpatrick@thd.ie, I look forward to hearing from you

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family and I had a great weekend at the Tower hotel. The welcome was big, the rooms excellent and the food and service was really up there. We enjoyed the sightseeing and the Derry air!The Hotel was very accessible, as my mother has some mobility problems we were very glad that she could move around.
C Martin

Room Tip: The suites are good value and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina M
Dear Christina M

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Tower Hotel, we are delighted you had such a great stay with us, we hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you again

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My mother, brothers, sisters and partners had a fantastic weekend at the Tower. The staff were very friendly on helpful. The Restaurant was superb and very reasonably priced. The rooms were very clean and modern. We were recommended by the Hotel staff to do a city walls tour - again fantastic, well worthwhile - a must if visiting Derry. B.Loughran and family 2014

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel are a bit quieter although the view is better from the side
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brendan L
Dear Brendan L

Thank you for choosing the Tower Hotel, it is great you had such a lovely time on your family break with us. Thank you for all your lovely compliments, we hope you welcome you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

On 5th Jan 2014 I celebrated my birthday with family and friends @ The Tower Hotel. Our food was fabulous and the service from their staff was brillant! You won't be disappointed with the food nor service so I'd recommend you pop in for a bite to eat or even a wee drink!!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Michellemello,

Firstly Happy 30th Birthday, we are delighted you had such a special day with us. Thank you for your lovely compliments regarding our staff and service.

Co. Tyrone Northern Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Where do I start????? Have just returned from Tower Hotel after booking for 2 nights B&B and one evening meal with a group of 15 people and I just couldn"t praise this hotel highly enough. Being in the restaurant business myself I understand the hard work that goes into achieving customer satisfaction but from start to finish the service that we received was second to none!!!! From making my group booking with Amanda who was more than accommadating to all our needs, to our welcome on arrival by the lovely Bronach who was so efficient on checking us all in and pointing us in the direction of all the nightlife which we thoroughly enjoyed. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and the food and service were both outstanding, compliments to the chefs on duty and a big thank you to Sean who looked after us......hope we weren't too loud lol....Breakfast for those who made it to the dining room was
also lovely and having personally ordered breakfast in bed at quite a late hour my food arrived promptly and was piping hot. Top praise must go to Gareth who had the task of looking after us in the residents bar he must have the patience of a saint bless him !!! An absolutely outstanding young man who was probably glad to see our bus arriving for home lol. Think he enjoyed the craic...i know we did. I would highly recommend the Tower Hotel to anyone heading for a break in Derry city it has everything that you would hope for from its central location inside the city walls to its friendly staff, great food and high standard of cleanliness. Hope to see you all again soon x

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pancake163
Hotelmanager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Pancake163

Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we are delighted you all had such a lovely time with us. We enjoyed having you all stay with us and we will pass all your lovely comments onto our staff. We hope to see you all in the future

Guest Relation Manager