Maldron Hotel Derry
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
City Hotel(Derry)
1,263 results
All reviewstower hotellyric barinside the city wallscar parkwithin the wallsderry wallshen partycentral locationhotel barreception staffexcellent locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelfood was lovelyporridgewalking tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

we were staying there for a concert in millennium forum,great location and wonderful hotel especially the staff, are a credit to them the barman really new his stuff , and sold me on the smoky whiskey, which I would never thought of trying. thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TowerHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Loelou,

Thank you for choosing the Tower Hotel we are delighted you had a great time and our Barman upselling you the whiskey is a great touch and glad you enjoyed this. We hope that you will come back and visit us again

Kindest Regards

Angela Fitzpatrick
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We checked in on spec as we needed a room for two nights but apart from being central it has little to offer in the way of relaxation. Lots of minor issues added up to a hotel claiming to be 4 star not reaching the mark. Lots of noise at night, music playing all night in the room opposite and a Hens Party booking in on our second night! Heating stopped but was fixed, no light around mirror in bathroom and poor extractor fan which I don't think worked anyway. Staff were OK but nothing exceptional, a smile never goes astray. The paying punter judges on what they experience and our could have been a lot better. I guess the final straw was chewing gum on the window ledge and a cigarette butt wedged in the opening window. So much for no smoking rooms! Breakfast was average so overall not recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank peterfloyd54
MaldronHotelDerry, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest ,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
On behalf of the entire team , I would like to sincerely apologise that you found us lacking on this occasion , I can assure you it was not our intention to disappoint .
We do hope you will consider giving us an opportunity to restore your faith in us ,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I feel it my duty to commend the excellent service we received during our midweek break.From the day we arrived to the day we departed the staff were ever so helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel and also will try to make my way back in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic five star review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay . Our entire team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I organised my sisters hen party and 28 of stayed in the Tower Hotel at end March 2014 which was excellent and would recommend to anyone who is planning a girls night out as the package is fantastic value.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful as they made the hen party a success with the amount of e-mails i sent before hand and during our stay at the hotel.

The food was beautiful and rooms are spotless.

I will def be back again to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathyod2

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic five star review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and l stayed last Monday on the Winter Warmer One Night Bed and Breakfast Deal. This included a 2 Course Evening Meal plus a bottle of wine. The hotel is situated within the city walls and is convenient to shops, restaurants and tourist attractions. We found the staff very welcoming and pleasant. The rooms are spacious and very warm and the bed so comfortable. The evening meal was enjoyable and the breakfast the following morning was really nice. My husband had the full Irish and l opted for Eggs Benedict. Both were very tasty and served by a very friendly woman with a lovely smile on her face. l would highly recommend this hotel and will look forward to a return visit in the not so distant future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
Since your last stay , we have had a refurbishment and we are now re branded to the Maldron Hotel.