“Amazing hen at the tower hotel!”

Maldron Hotel Derry
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Derry
“Amazing hen at the tower hotel!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed here for a hen party and got the hen party package which included overnight stay, two coarse meal, two cocktails and breakfast for £59. Hotelwas very clean, food was beautiful and staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a hen as it's also central to all of the night life. No taxi's needed. I would definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank edel89quigley
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
Dear edel89quigley,
Thanjk you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Kind Regards,
Rachael Burns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Wiltshire
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have a couple of niggles with this hotel, BUT, the staff are the most friendly and helpful I have met on my travels. You get a great Northern Irish welcome and there's nothing they won't do to help.
One negative point was the street noise, at chucking out time it gets boisterous down there and I was awakened, however I suppose you have to consider it is a city centre hotel and thats par for the course. The other niggle is the wifi isn't free, I do believe all hotels of a certain standard should have the free for guests in this day and age - but that's maybe just me. Very good hotel with good buzzy bar attached. Interesting history surrounds the place and the walk around the city walls is steeped in history.
Did I mention how helpful the staff were? BTW Thanks for printing my boarding passes for our flight!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from street side if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DarthGolf
Dear DarthGolf,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel as we welcome all feedback. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Referring to your comments regarding the wifi at the hotel I can now tell you that wifi is now free of charge to all our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Located within the city walls, we enjoyed our time here and our view over the Bogside. It was difficult to find a parking space in the hotel car park on the first day and we had to pay for parking but we moved the car into their car park after 12 on the second day. Good breakfast.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TillyTravel58
Dear TillyTravel58,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed her with my girlfriend for two nights, on arrival were met by two loving receptionists, who checked us in, rooms were spotless and and very comfortable... Top marks for housekeeping..ideal location for nightlife...highly impressed..

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank michealmc7777
Hello michealmc7777,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and i look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
london
Reviewed 29 August 2014

It has all the things you expect and then it has really lovely staff, which is what makes it great.
Recommended.
It's in the middle of town.
I don't have more to add thank you TripAdvisor, which is making me write 200 characters minimum

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank cazbotbleurgh
Dear Cazbotbleurgh,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor as we appreciate all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your nnext visit to the city.
Rachael Burns.
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Dropped in in desperation with wife, daughter and niece. The rooms are functional but above all clean. The breakfast spread excellent. Location couldn't be better. Parking free. And last but not least staff (Margaret, sorry spelling wrong) gave us a lovely Northern Irish welcome. Truly Legen-Derry☺

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Silvius v
Dear Silvius v,
Thank you for your review, we welcome all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and i have passeed on your kind words to Marguerite. I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I went to this hotel as part of a coach tour to Londonderry. This hotel is very well located on the walls of the old city in walking distance of many of the major attractions in Londonderry. I was impressed that they dealt with our party of 25 plus successive wedding parties during the same stay. All the rooms were allocated in advance and welcome letters were even distributed on the coach before entering the hotel. The rooms were a decent size. Ammentities were modern and clean, although to really get 4star status they need to install air conditioners to moderate the temperature. I found the staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable. As were a party with slightly complicated food requirements the staff even asked us to suggest a menu which would suit our dietary requirements. This was a nice gesture. The food lets this place down. The breakfasts are decent, but if I wasnt in a tour group I would not have opted for meals in the resturant. They were rather bland and the menu was not really imaginative. That said if its your first time to the region, really recommend you check out this place. It would be hard to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid 423, its cold all the time
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MsChatterjee
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 31 January 2015
Dear Mschatterjee,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Rachael Burns.