“what a dump!”

Travelodge Derry
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Derry
“what a dump!”
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I booked in here for 2 reasons; my DK guide recommended it and I thought it would be convenient to enter hotel from attached multi-storey parking lot.

I parked and then asked for a room etc. The first room I saw was not very clean and the sink was badly cracked.
the second room I saw was dirty with hair in the bathtub.
when I returned to the desk others were complaining that there was no toilet paper or the toilet was dirty from last victim. Eventually the front desk lady ( who was nice and helpful) offered me one of the 4 " new" rooms so I said OK and dragged my cases in. However on closer inspection the room had not been vacuued ( for some time I think) with half a jigsaw puzzle on the floor near the bed, crumbs and other unappetizing debris on carpet.
I decided to leave whatever and they did kindly refund me my room cost.
However... they don't own the attached parking lot which was locked from 6.30 pm sunday to 7.30 am Monday... so My car was trapped. NO way out. NO emergency number to call .
By then I was so depressed that I just left the car there to pay tomorrow and took a taxi to another hotel!. The location was good but otherwise this place was a real failure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 28 May 2011
Dear Miss Welder,
Thank you for taking time to review Travelodge Derry. Having read your review I am disappointed that your visit was not as it should have been and for this I deeply apologise.
I would like to speak with you about your visit if you would contact me either by email on derry@travelodge.ie or phone on 02871271271.
We are working hard to ensure everyone enjoys there visit here and would hope that they would recommend us to others and I would like to make this right with you to show you the true reflection of our hotel here in Derry.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,
Travelodge Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel again recently whilst visiting Derry, again the rooms were fine, clean and quiet. Had a slight problem with a leak in the roof in bathroom and wasnt advised but the matter was dealt with very well by Geraldine the GM.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Hi Metroinsmanager,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay with us recently. When you would like to book with us again please let us know on our e-mail address derry@travelodge.ie and we will ensure you have a pleasant stay with us again.

Management
co.antrim
Reviewed 3 March 2011

My friends and I had 2 rooms for 2 nights rooms were very clean as were bathrooms in both rooms staff were friendly and helpful rooms do need to be updated , but apart from that we were all very pleased great base and we got rooms at a great price we did think hard about booking after reading other reviews on trip advisor would not hesitate in booking again great for shopping and night life

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 19 March 2011
Good Morning Grannypenny 77,
Thank you for taking time to provide such positive feedback.
We look forard to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards,
Travelodge Management.
Leiden, ze Nedderlands
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This place gets mixed reviews, but our experience was positive. Yes, the rooms are outdated and have seen better times (stains in carpet, tv fixed with tape, ancient bathroom, window didn't completely close), but you can hardly expect a four star experience for 45 pounds per room. We just needed a place to sleep and we got just that: a firm bed in a quiet and spacious room with a clean bathroom. The girl at reception was most helpful and had excellent advise on restaurants and bars. There's a car park next to the hotel (80 p an hour) and free parking across the road (unattended).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank HaagseBluf
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Good morning HaagseBluf,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us at the Travelodge in Derry.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property some time in the near future!!

Regards

Travelodge Management
northern ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Dnt see why this place got such bad reviews its in a good location rooms were huge and clean and at a good price I would go back again.

• Stayed January 2011
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Good afternoon Holidaymaker12,
Thank you for your positive feedback we look forward to welcoming you again.
Regards,
Travelodge Management.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2011

On checking in the toilet was covered in excrement and the sink was full of cracks. Check.ed out immediately, complained and i am still waiting on the manager to ring me. Never again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richardcarmichael
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Dear Mr Carmichael,
Thank you for your feedback.
I wish to inform you that you refursihment works are underway to upgrade our Travelodge in Derry.
I hope that should you return to Derry again we can have the Chance to show you our upgraded property.
Regards,
Travelodge Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Derry hotels

Reviewed 5 December 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge recently whilst visiting home. The last time i was here i left early due to the appalling treatment i received from the nightstaff whilst visiting Derry for my uncles funeral.

I decided to give them another opportunity, and i have to say that my experience was pleasant, the room was big and spaciouys, beds clean the bathroom was a bit grubby but other than that it served its purpose, The only complaint is the cost of WIFI most hotels offer it free but it is very expensive at this hotel, Would i return again i think i probably will.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 10 December 2010
Hi Metrosinsmanager,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to show you a different side to our propery the second time as we expect to have the same standard every time you stay with us here in the Travelodge in Derry
We will also in the new year be upgrading our bathrooms.

Management