“Travelodge”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Killyleagh, null, United Kingdom
“Travelodge”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great location, slightly noisy at night as on the main street but this is bearable. Had a lovely stay. So convenient to everywhere. Breakfast wasnt included in the price of the room but we just popped next door to the Ice Wharf. Service was great, staff where lovely

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Receptionist at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking time to forward feedback after your recent visit.

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will pass all your comments onto our team here in Travelodge Derry.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have stayed in loads of Travelodges, but this was the worst hotel ever. We paid £80 a night without breakfast for a Double Room. It was filthy and smelly. The wood was hanging off the walls, when you sat in both beds you hit your head off the light fitting on the wall. My daughter couldn't turn on the shower as it was so old and stiff. The bathroom floor was tiled and the dirt between the tiles was disgusting. My Daughter was dancing in a competition the morning after we arrived so she went to bed at 9.30pm. The noise from downstairs (the hotel is over a bar) and from across the road was unbelievable. We did not get to sleep until gone 1am in the morning when the music stopped. We did phone down to the reception but they said they could not do anything. My Advice is to give this one a miss.

Room Tip: Another person in my group stayed at the back of the hotel and they said they could hear the noise f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria0663
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Maria0663,

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. I would be delighted to discuss your compalint further should you wish to do so by emailing the hotel at derry@travelodge.ie.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Derry hotels

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have stayed in many Travelodges and this is certainly one of the grimmest. Dingy slightly smelly room with an attractive view of a kitchen and fag butts. My daughter's bed broke in the middle of the night so she slept on the floor. When I brought it to the attention of the staff in the morning, there wasn't even an apology certainly no mention of a discount.
The room was noisy but that is not the fault of the hotel, unfortunately other guests are frequently inconsiderate.
Very tired accommodation but good location for Derry city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lex O
Dear Lex O,

Further to your review for the Travelodge Hotel, I appreciate your feedback and comments.

I am upset to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. With regard to the fault with your daughter's bed, we would have certainly made every effort to organize a room move for you had you informed us of the problem. We wouold never expect a guest to sleep on the floor. Also, due to our prime location in the heart of the city, we have little to no control over outside noise on the street, but again I apologize for the disruption to your sleep.

I hope that you would choose to stay with us if you are ever in Derry again and we could show you a better side to our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact us at derry@travelodge.ie

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well sited and that's why we booked it but.
As soon as I saw it, I realised that it was in need of a lot of work. Externally it is in poor condition. Internally it is tired, shabby, smells and in need of extensive refurbishment.
The rooms are big but drab and unclean.
The staff on the other hand were pleasant and helpful. I'm sure they would love to work in a better place. A message to Travelodge. Don't loose that hotel it's in a great spot. Spend some money on it - no short cuts. Good look.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Bob B
Dear Bob B,

We appricate you taking time to review our hotel, Were sorry your stay wasn’t as it should have been and for that we apologise. We make every effort to take on board our customer's comments and will certainly give weight to your remarks.
All of our rooms are now undergoing referbishment to make our hotel more up-to-date and modern. We hope to show you a different side to our hotel if you choose to visit Derry again.

Kind Regards,

Solihull, West Midlands
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very good location just outside city walls - so a short walk to the Centre. One road back from the river. NO parking at this hotel we managed to park in a "free" side street.
Only stayed for one night on our trip around
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms and hotel in general was very well loved and dated
Located above a bar so ....................................

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chessykat
Dear chessykat,

Thank you so much for your positive feed back in relation to our hotel. We greatly value feedback and appreciate you taking time to post this review and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am over in Derry working and the City Hotel round the corner was fully booked last night so for the one night this week I went to Travelodge. After looking it up on TripAdvisor I was pretty much dreading staying here. However I was in Room 306 which was a massive room, was cold when I went in but the heating worked great. The bed was comfy and despite facing Strand Road it was quite quiet with the window shut. The only gripe I had was the bathroom was a bit shabby and there were a few leftover hairs in the bath, nothing a clean couldnt sort out.
Overall considering this is a budget hotel I thought that this was OK. In severe need of updating, the tortoise shell effect is pretty horrible!

Room Tip: Room 306 is a huge room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear gersmad44,

Thankyou for your review for our hotel, Were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

We do take unboard all comments given and will most definitely pass on the comments you mentioned to our housekeeping staff as a matter of urgency. We are also in the process of redecorating and modernizing our hotel which will ultimately bring it in line with the standards you expect.

Kind regards
Portmagee, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed one night and that was enough. The room smelled stale and the furnishings looked like 1970's college dorm room style, complete with tattered stained wood. There were no glasses in the bathroom and the tub had someone's hair in the bottom of it. The room I got was over the bar and was very loud and noisy. I will say the bed was clean. This is not the place to stay if you want to get an early start. The car park doesn't open to get your car out until at least 7:30, however you do get a bit of a break on overnight charges if you stay at the hotel. I did not eat breakfast there...looked pretty scanty when I walked through the dining room to get to my car. The staff tried to help me as best they could. The only place close after dark when i got there was the bar, with good Guiness, but the chicken and potatoes appeared to have been sitting around for sometime. You have to go out in the street to access it. Not the place for single older travelers.
el

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hkaufman
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Hkaufman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you have experienced. I wish you had expressed these issues to us at the front desk so we could have helped you out in the best way possible.

Kindest Regards