“Disappointing food”

Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Premier Inns are pretty standard. The difference is the restaurant food/service. We stayed here one night and moved on to Coleraine Premier Inn for two nights. What a difference! Londonderry P I food was awful and the staff (if you could find them) were disinterested. Coleraine was the complete opposite. On our next visit we'll stop at Coleraine and drive in to Londonderry.

Room Tip: Eat before you arrive and don't book breakfast.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was my 2nd trip to this hotel. On my first trip it was brillant the only thing was having to get a taxi to town but £4 i dont mind. I went on the 2nd occassion with my boyfriend well this was a totally different stay. I really wasnt impressed. We had been out and when we came back in we had something to eat and i went to bed. The boyfriend got a shower, and the secruity man came banging and banging on the door saying why is the shower going he is being too loud! Surely he is entitled to get a shower when he wants. Anyways the secruity man said he would charge my debit card if the noise continued!! well the next morning i spoke with reception, the woman on the desk re-assured me this would be sorted and i would be contacted to see why secruity had said this!. I never heard back and also never recieved an e-mail back from the head office when i had e-mailed so there i wont b back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good afternoon. Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to your feedback. Quiet time operates in the hotel from 10pm until 7am - only to ensure we can deliver a great nights sleep to all of our guests, therefore I assume night reception where carrying out their nightly routine. However, reception should have investigated and provided you with some feedback. I am sorry you feel you have been let down by Premier Inn and would be grateful if you would contact me directly on derrycity.pitl@whitbread.com, giving me a chance to rectify this.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very warm and informative welcome from Lee-Anne. Note to management - she is first-class and could teach others how it should be done.

Room was immaculately prepared and larger than the rooms in England - the air conditioning was also effective and appreciated. This Premier Inn felt as though it was managed to a far higher level than others we have stayed at. Quiet location (no hen parties celebrating at 02.30hrs in the corridors) and good free car parking.

One observation is that this property is not conveniently located for a short walk into the city - you really need to drive closer to the attractions - but other than that, this is one of the best Premier Inns that our family have stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Good Morning. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear that I made you feel welcome in our hotel :) we strive to provide a brilliant nights sleep for every guest who stays with Premier Inn and I am happy that you and your family feel that we achieved this. I hope to welcome you all back in the near future. Once again, thank you for your excellent feedback. Have a great day.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the standard of accommodation at a good price.
Spacious room, clean,well equipped, bathroom very adequate.
Good to have the choice of breakfast as an extra.
Staff very efficient & friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our facilities during your stay and that you found our team members helpful, they are the heart and soul of the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back soon and perhaps WOW you even more. Have a great day :)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely quiet hotel.clean and friendly.not too far from city centre easily accesss!able by taxi or bus.have stayed here several times and the price is great.Staff always friendly.breakfast good and well worth the price.

1  Thank lorrainemc2014
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good Afternoon. Many thanks for your kind review. I am so glad to hear that you are a returning guest and continue to enjoy our hotel and enjoy interacting with our team members. It sounds like you have found your way around the City very quickly :) and yes, although we are a little out of the city centre, the bus stop is directly behind us and the taxis are usually very promt. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look to forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn for another visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just what you would expect in a relatively new Premier Inn - clean, comfortable, spacious and well equipped. Breakfasts in the adjoining Brewer's Fayre were very good but the evening Italian Buffet wasn't. However, the stand-out feature was the excellent, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazza305

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted to see that you scored us so highly. We aim to ensure all of our guests have a great stay by providing great rooms and great service and I am pleased to hear that you feel we achieved this. I will pass your comments on the team in Brewers Fayre. If you return, perhaps try the Sunday Carvery, it is my personal favourite :) We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon, have a great day.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This is a new hotel located on the outskirts of L'derry but within a pleasant walking distance of a shopping centre with Homebase, M&S, Next etc etc. It's not in a built up area although there is a big college further up the hill. It's very nice to walk around. The Brewers Fayre next door is okish for basic pub grub. Much nicer places in L'derry such as Molly's in the Craft Village. The staff are superb, so, so friendly and welcoming. Will try to accommodate every request, however Premier Inn treat their staff should be marketed to other companies as I have never met an unpleasant person in any of their hotels! The people in L'derry are particularly friendly and warm. The hotel is lovely with spacious rooms and everything you want from a hotel. One tip thought for the hotel would be to get the beautiful grounds and flower beds weeded as it looks a tiny bit unkempt. Tip for those with older children, ie 11+ is to ask for a Level 2 room. There's only two floors in the hotel. One consistent issue I have is supplying a camp bed for children instead of a proper bed.

• Stayed: July 2014