“Food was amazing”

Ranked #98 of 188 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portrush, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Food was amazing”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Me and my mum stayed at the travellodge next door and came here to have breakfast. On the first morning i had pancakes with mayple syrup and bacon which was delicious and on the second morning i had a fry which was lovely as i dont eat frys that often. My mum had the vegetarian fry and she really enjoyed it. The best thing about it was that everything was at a very low and reasonable price. The frys were only £1.99 each which is great value and the pancakes with mayple syrup and bacon was only £4.50. The staff were very friendly as most people in derry. I really enjoyed coming here to have breakfast.

Visited December 2013

County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Good food, good prices.”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Visited early afternoon on Monday this week. Our first time at the Ice Wharf. Roast of the day which I usually order when I'm at a Wetherspoon outlet, was very good, with a more than ample portion of roast beef. I'm never disappointed with the roast of the day, be it chicken, turkey and ham or roast beef. My partner had his usual brunch burger. No complaints. Prices are fantastic, and service is always good no matter which outlet we're at. I think we've tried quite a lot on their menu over the years, but it's very good value and you never leave feeling as if you could eat more. Not our favourite outlet so far. That belongs to the Spinning Mill in Ballymena.

• Visited January 2014
Sitges, Spain
“Characterless bar restaurant, horrible food.”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Another review I've read on this place, after my visit, described it as a "smelly overcrowded cattle market". I couldn't think of a better way to describe it myself so have adopted this description. I honestly couldn't fine anything positive to bring out about this place. It is in my opinion a great example of a place not to go to. Completely characterless, staff may as well have been robots, not unpleasant but equally unmemorable. Sadly the same couldn't be said for the food, which was memorable in just how bad it was. Very typical (from frozen - or so it seemed) food from a chain type establishment. I went for the roast of the day, assuming that might at least be fresh. I was there on 27.12.13 and could only assume the food I was served was leftovers from before Christmas. Truly awful!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Gerry M
belfast
“good food”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

stayed in the travel lodge next door,so we had our breakfast and evening dinner there , ordered a manager's special which was 14onz aberdeen angus steak with all the trimmings ,,,,,,,great dinner ,,,,,it's a good place to eat very friendly people .

Visited November 2013
(Legend)Derry
“Smelly overcrowded cattle market..”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Go here for cheap beer but on busy nights be prepared to be crushed in and have drink spilt on you. If you want to have a more relaxerd evening out go across the road to the Strand Bar where you'll get a seat in nice surroundings.

Visited November 2013