“Couples Review”

Ranked #1 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
newbridge ireland
“Couples Review”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here during the weekend of the recent marathon. Very well located, within walking distance of the new Peace Bridge. This is a family home with a friendly atmosphere. Rooms are excellent and we would highly recommend this B & B.to all.

Tom & May

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Landsdowne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Crumlin, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed here on the 24th of may 2013 for Radio One's Big Weekend. I was lucky enough to have excellent weather when I stayed in Derry, I was able to find the B&B easily. The owners are very friendly, welcoming and accommodating and were ever so helpful. The guesthouse is located in a lovely quiet area. Once I stepped inside, I couldn't believe how huge it was it was so lovely! My room was very elegant with en-suite toilet and shower and there was a nice view from my room. It was the most cleanest place I've stayed in before, with the extreme comfort of the bed I got a great peaceful nights sleep, the bathroom was very modern, very clean and tidy and shower was great! The owners cooked up the next morning the best breakfast! The food was spot on. The back garden was absolutely stunning! It was a shame I didn't stay another night.

This really is a lovely, clean, friendly B&B when you've stayed here once you'll be looking forward to your next stay. Thanks to the owners Bob & Karen for making us feel so welcome, hope to stay again soon! :-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Sophie R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed here for the weekend of Radio 1's Big Weekend - I booked last minute so was a bit worried but couldn't have asked for anything better. If I was to visit Derry again this would be my first port of call. Lovely warm, fantastically friendly reception - this is a large family home set in a leafy terrace but is within easy walking distance of the city itself. The cooked breakfast was INCREDIBLE - fresh fruit and juices were available, great coffee, comfortable bed, lovely bathroom (my room was en suite but I'm not sure if they all are). Couldn't say enough nice things about it. Run by a lovely family that really made me feel at home!

Room Tip: I had an en suite room which was great - would recommend asking for that if you can!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Ross F
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here last night for One Big Weekend which was literally around the corner. Absolutely amazing B&B, very homely and such friendly people! Our room was lovely and cosy with tea making facilities, books, a television, fresh towels and even some kit kats!! It's all the little things that make the stay memorable. There was also a small fridge outside our door with chilled water which was great for sore heads in the morning.

Bed was turned down when we returned from the concert and breakfast the next morning in our own little room was delicious. Fresh proper coffee, hot breakfast, fruit juices, fruit salad, yogurts, everything you could want!

If you were staying longer this guest house has a lovely garden for sitting in and you are very close to the city without being in the noisy centre. I would highly recommend it for anyone going up to see the City of Culture as it is a home away from home and these lovely people made our stay perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank feely83
karen T, Owner at Number 8 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Hi Vera,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your stay here. I really appreciate them and it gives me confidence to keep going.
We really enjoyed having you both and maybe we'll see you again in the future.
Bob & Karen
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This wonderful little guest has so much to offer. A home away from home, ideally located beside a beautiful park, and convenient to city of Derry. Comfort, cleanliness and serenity all wrapped in warm hospitality.

Room Tip: Call in advance because you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business