“Fantastic B&B”

and 1 more site!
Number 8 Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Number 8 Guest House was a fantastic find, a friendly welcoming B&B with 5 star hotel standards.
We arrived late but were greeted in a warm welcoming manner by Karen who offered tea and homemade cake. Breakfast the next morning, served in the conservatory overlooking a beautiful garden, was delicious. Freshly brewed coffee, fruit juices, fruit salad, yogurts and a choice of cooked breakfast, everything you could want.
The en-suite rooms are elegant and so clean and comfortable. Fresh luxurious towels and the bed freshly made daily.
The location was also excellent beside a beautiful park, within walking distance of the Peace Bridge and convenient to Derry city centre.
Hospitality was superb. Karen and Bob were excellent hosts, they were so helpful and friendly. They made our stay perfect.
I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Derry as it is a home away from home and if we were to visit Derry again we would definitely choose to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gillian K
KarenNumber8, Owner at Number 8 Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Gillian. We really enjoyed having you stay and it was very nice to meet your lovely son and his new fiance. Maybe you will come back another time.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights at Number 8 Guest House and it was a real treat.The house itself is beautiful with luxurious rooms in a lovely, peaceful setting. Food was excellent and Karen and Bob looked after our every need.

5  Thank Derek613
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just back home after few days in Northern Ireland. Found the greatest B&B in Derry. The rooms are fabulous and so clean and comfortable. Hospitality was super. The hosts were so helpful and friendly. It was like a home away from home. Loved the breakfasts and the house is close to the town centre we could walk home.Definitely the best place we ever stayed in and we'll definitely be back.

6  Thank dArAt186482
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here during the weekend of the recent marathon. Very well located, within walking distance of the new Peace Bridge. This is a family home with a friendly atmosphere. Rooms are excellent and we would highly recommend this B & B.to all.

Tom & May

7  Thank Landsdowne
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed here on the 24th of may 2013 for Radio One's Big Weekend. I was lucky enough to have excellent weather when I stayed in Derry, I was able to find the B&B easily. The owners are very friendly, welcoming and accommodating and were ever so helpful. The guesthouse is located in a lovely quiet area. Once I stepped inside, I couldn't believe how huge it was it was so lovely! My room was very elegant with en-suite toilet and shower and there was a nice view from my room. It was the most cleanest place I've stayed in before, with the extreme comfort of the bed I got a great peaceful nights sleep, the bathroom was very modern, very clean and tidy and shower was great! The owners cooked up the next morning the best breakfast! The food was spot on. The back garden was absolutely stunning! It was a shame I didn't stay another night.

This really is a lovely, clean, friendly B&B when you've stayed here once you'll be looking forward to your next stay. Thanks to the owners Bob & Karen for making us feel so welcome, hope to stay again soon! :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Sophie R
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed here for the weekend of Radio 1's Big Weekend - I booked last minute so was a bit worried but couldn't have asked for anything better. If I was to visit Derry again this would be my first port of call. Lovely warm, fantastically friendly reception - this is a large family home set in a leafy terrace but is within easy walking distance of the city itself. The cooked breakfast was INCREDIBLE - fresh fruit and juices were available, great coffee, comfortable bed, lovely bathroom (my room was en suite but I'm not sure if they all are). Couldn't say enough nice things about it. Run by a lovely family that really made me feel at home!

Room Tip: I had an en suite room which was great - would recommend asking for that if you can!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Ross F
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here last night for One Big Weekend which was literally around the corner. Absolutely amazing B&B, very homely and such friendly people! Our room was lovely and cosy with tea making facilities, books, a television, fresh towels and even some kit kats!! It's all the little things that make the stay memorable. There was also a small fridge outside our door with chilled water which was great for sore heads in the morning.

Bed was turned down when we returned from the concert and breakfast the next morning in our own little room was delicious. Fresh proper coffee, hot breakfast, fruit juices, fruit salad, yogurts, everything you could want!

If you were staying longer this guest house has a lovely garden for sitting in and you are very close to the city without being in the noisy centre. I would highly recommend it for anyone going up to see the City of Culture as it is a home away from home and these lovely people made our stay perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank feely83
karen T, Owner at Number 8 Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hi Vera,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your stay here. I really appreciate them and it gives me confidence to keep going.
We really enjoyed having you both and maybe we'll see you again in the future.
Bob & Karen