“Mini burrito & Mexican tomato soup.! Klass..!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh, Fast & Delicious Home Made Mexican Food to Sit in or take away. You pick the meat, then you pick the heat to fill your Burrito / Fajita / Crispy Tacos or Loaded Nachos.Every morning we start FRESH at Guapo. Our food is homemade and cooked using the finest, fresh ingredients. From our slow cooked meats to our daily fresh salsas and guacamole, we know how to tantalise and satisfy your taste buds here at Guapo! Our friendly staff are here to talk you through our menu - We will guide you through our levels of heat to ensure your dish is tailored to your tolerance (or lack of tolerance) of the powers of Chilli's!!!If you have never eaten a 12 inch Burrito make sure to get our tips on the best method to munch your way through Mexican Heaven!!
“Mini burrito & Mexican tomato soup.! Klass..!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I wasn't feeling overly hungry but I had heard so much about Guapo and saw they did mini burritos and Mexican tomato soup, so I thought id give it a go. Well, I wasn't disappointed, food hot, fresh & the mini burrito was just right and the soup was lovely. The tortilla chips and cream on the soup was a nice touch. £££ It was great value for money. £££
I'll deffs be back to try a bigger burrito.. (I'll wait until I'm staving and then give it a go..)
Staff friendly, polite and really helpful. Decor typically Mexican.
I would deffs recommend Guapo to friends. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014

Derry, United Kingdom
“Let down by the servive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It's my 3rd time visiting Guapo,trying something different on the menu each time and without a doubt the food is delicious! i was however very disappointed in the lack of customer service..rude,unwelcoming and an attitude like i was bothering her by placing my order. Definitely spoiled the experience.

“Great stuff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Guapos is the only place I ever end up when I'm hungry in Derry. Fantastic food, always fresh and tasty and the service is fast and friendly.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Derry, United Kingdom
“Awwwww what?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Munched my way through my first ever burrito today at Guapo and I think I've found my new favourite thing. Tasty as.

• Visited April 2014
GUAPO_Derry, Owner at Guapo, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review GUAPO - glad your enjoyed your first Burrito with us, heres to many more!!
Donegal, Ireland
“Very poor, supposed to be the experts?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Been twice now, won't be back.

Both times the meat has been pretty cold, the prices steep and the service varied from unfriendly to downright rude.

Compared to the (superb) Mexican counter at Centra up the Strand Road, this is a very poor second place if you want a burrito.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank DrPhilG
GUAPO_Derry, Manager at Guapo, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review GUAPO Fresh Mexican, we love getting feedback, it is usually great reports as you can see from the vast majority of our other Trip Advisor reviews, we are disappointed to learn that you have not enjoyed the GUAPO experience.

We are baffled with regards our meats being cold and have spent time today working on your feedback trying to understand how or why it was not a satisfactory temperature. Our meat is held in a bain marie at 100 degrees, the Food Standards Agency recommends hot holding at 62 degrees. As you can calculate, we are holding our hot food at over 30 degrees more. This is a complaint we have never had to address before. Perhaps if you traveled a distance with the food then it may be a reason for it being cold. As you will know, it is natural for food to cool especially when it makes contact with cold food such as our salsa, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole etc. We take on board your comment and we are committed to continuing to ensure our food is to the GUAPO standard every time which is loved by the vast majority of our reviewers.

I am extremely upset that you have found the customer service at GUAPO not to standard. Our staff have received both in house and external training. We are as passionate about giving excellent customer service as we are about excellent food. Refresher training takes place every month and I will be sure to emphasis the comments you have made. You can see from past comments that we score highly in this area and if you are familiar with Facebook you can see that from 242 reviews, we have an average of 4.7 out of 5, with the majority commenting specifically on our excellent customer service.

With regards value for money, we have full marks for this in our trip advisor break down of reviews. We are sorry you do not share the view of the vast majority.

We are local people who have a HUGE obsession with Mexican Street food and have been enjoying cooking it for years, now bringing our tastes to the Derry people. We are sorry that you have felt the food / service / value for money has not met your expectations. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to GUAPO and give us another go.