“Thank goodness for good food for the money!”
Review of Guapo

Guapo
Ranked #29 of 189 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Fresh, Fast & Delicious Home Made Mexican Food to Sit in or take away. You pick the meat, then you pick the heat to fill your Burrito / Fajita / Crispy Tacos or Loaded Nachos.Every morning we start FRESH at Guapo. Our food is homemade and cooked using the finest, fresh ingredients. From our slow cooked meats to our daily fresh salsas and guacamole, we know how to tantalise and satisfy your taste buds here at Guapo! Our friendly staff are here to talk you through our menu - We will guide you through our levels of heat to ensure your dish is tailored to your tolerance (or lack of tolerance) of the powers of Chilli's!!!If you have never eaten a 12 inch Burrito make sure to get our tips on the best method to munch your way through Mexican Heaven!!
Buncrana, Ireland
“Thank goodness for good food for the money!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Today my partner and I travelled to Derry to shop and thankfully decided to stop and try out Guapo. We had previously driven past it so many times and always meant to stop. The reason I had not tried it before was that after living here for two years I have found many local restaurants food to be essentially flavorless and not worth the money spent on it.
However I was so happy and pleased when I put the first bite in my mouth. WOW!! There was amazing flavor and I was so excited as it was very close to the restaurants back home.
The blackbeans they called "spicy bean" had wonderful flavor and the meat was mouth watering and the cilantro in the "pico de gallo" (their base salsa) was refreshing . It was very clear that the food was cooked from scratch not from a tin and for me that says alot. I have read a few of the previous reviews and I would like to put to rest the negative comments about the "cold food". I found when we sat down the food was a perfect temperature, but I can see how if you drove some place it could get cool from the sour cream and cheese and what not which is naturally kept cool. We had the Carnitas burrito and the Chilli Con Carne burrito with their spanish rice and gaucamole (which is extra, if you want it on make sure to ask). They really were delicious. They were a great size 12" burrito. More filling than a 12" Sub and made just as quick if not quicker. We felt full all day!
The only negative about our visit is something we also noticed in other reviews and I will say it's the first thing my partner and I said to one another when we took our seat was ...."that lady who made up our food wasn't very friendly". A smile and a pleasant helpful attitude isn't that much to ask for when you first enter any establishment.They're your first point of contact and your first impression. Not a "hurry up and order because I'm doing you a favour serving you" attitude which unfortunately seems so prevalent in the customer service industry here.
On a better note we did meet the owner who was the lady that rang up our order and she was lovely. Smiling,cheerful and was genuinely interested to hear your opinions on the food and to have you in her restaurant. A true mexican food enthusiast which came across in the food itself.
In all, if you're in Derry and want some quick flavoursome good food by all means try Guapo.
It is one of the best mexican or "tex-mex" you'll find anywhere!
We will be back.....

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank DonegalHeart

derry city
“Burrito Day Afternoon.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This wasn't the first time I'd visited Guapo. The other times I visited were what one could describe as basic but adequate. This visit was late in the afternoon and the place wasn't exactly jumping. The food was good but, temperature wise, it was on the cool side. I daresay if I'd gone in at another hour on another day I would have been more favourably impressed but I got the feeling that I was intruding. I would not for a second call the service rude; no, it was indifferent, more or less. This, along with the food on the cool side, may have contributed to this somewhat muted review. Who knows. Maybe you'll come away with a completely different viewpoint than mine. For all I know there may have been issues that day which somehow or other coloured the place. Try it for yoursef. What do I know .......?

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank sduddy1
“Mini burrito & Mexican tomato soup.! Klass..!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I wasn't feeling overly hungry but I had heard so much about Guapo and saw they did mini burritos and Mexican tomato soup, so I thought id give it a go. Well, I wasn't disappointed, food hot, fresh & the mini burrito was just right and the soup was lovely. The tortilla chips and cream on the soup was a nice touch. £££ It was great value for money. £££
I'll deffs be back to try a bigger burrito.. (I'll wait until I'm staving and then give it a go..)
Staff friendly, polite and really helpful. Decor typically Mexican.
I would deffs recommend Guapo to friends. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
Derry, United Kingdom
“Let down by the servive”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It's my 3rd time visiting Guapo,trying something different on the menu each time and without a doubt the food is delicious! i was however very disappointed in the lack of customer service..rude,unwelcoming and an attitude like i was bothering her by placing my order. Definitely spoiled the experience.

“Great stuff.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Guapos is the only place I ever end up when I'm hungry in Derry. Fantastic food, always fresh and tasty and the service is fast and friendly.

• Visited May 2014